Experiences with Structured Interaction Approach

by bohm 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• bohm
    bohm

Hello!

Im currently reading Dr. Hassans "Releasing the bonds", and im wondering if any of you have experiences/tips on using his structured interaction approach and other methods outlined in the book?

Sincerely!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Well, it's worth a try.

However, if the person is HAPPY inside the cult, they'll most likely NEVER leave, no matter what.

That's the cold, hard truth. I wish it weren't so.

If you're religious, your most powerful is prayer.

-LWT

• bohm
    bohm

leavingwt: Im primarily reading it because im interested in knowing how to best communicate with active (believing) witnesses (not so much to get them out, but just to improve communication, build up trust), and also to remove implanted phobias in a witness who is on her way out, as to make the transition smoother and easier.

I thought it would be interesting to ask because its my impression that most here has left because their own converns eventually overpowered them, and few has been actively in contact with anti-mindcontrol techniques, but thats just my impression.

The more i think about how it feels to leave the more scary it sounds, i mean, the idea "what if they are right" must linger for some time, even if its not on a rational level..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The more i think about how it feels to leave the more scary it sounds, i mean, the idea "what if they are right" must linger for some time, even if its not on a rational level..

Yes, I think these feelings are natural.

If you read Hassan's book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control', you'll likely lose any fear that they "may" be right.

Also, once you truly step back and take a look at WT through an outsider's perspective, these fears will melt away.

I would also heartily recommend Randy Watters' book, 'Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses'. I really think you would enjoy it immensely. You'll see for yourself, from scans/copies of their own publications, how they've misled their members for decades. It's a real eye-opener.

-LWT

• bohm
    bohm

leavingwt: Well, its not for me - its my girlfriend who made the jump out of the watchtower (and her extremely worried parents who think im the antichrist, and the best way to solve THAT problem is to accuse my girlfriend of engaging in butsex and a gazillion other redicilous things, but i digress).
    Anyway, i think right now its more important to focus on the psychological side of her transition, since I have allready supplied her with a lot of facts on WT learning (history, chronology, the pyramids, millerites, false eschatology, 607, alluminium, etc.), and she has read COC - I also fear she might get "fed up" on facts, that it all becomes an exercize in critizising; I would much rather try to understand some of the psychological aspects.
    This is actually a funny side note: What i think was the greatest shock for her was to discover what a completely dishonest piece of drivel "Life - how did it get here?" is, i think i wrote about 100 pages on that book - Scholar, if you can pull yourself away from the chronology, can you please explain why carbon 14 dosnt work without pretending a well-known crackpot without any credentials is a known scientist?

Ill try to read Randy Watters book.. i have read some of his essays and i really like his writing style.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Hassan's second book should offer some excellent advice, based upon what you've told me.

That's interesting about the "Creation" book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit