A bad day for the Watchtower lawsuit on wrongful death goes forward !

by koolaid-man 6 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

LAWRENCE HUGHES HAS SAID HE WON APPEALS COURT DECISION AGAINST WATCHTOWER SOCIETY AND THEIR ATTORNEYS. You'll have to read the following carefully; much of the starting part appears against him but toward the end it appears to balance out more. We'll be hearing a lot of thoughts on this one.Read here: http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/ca/civil/2009/2009abca0187.pdf

Explanation Of Significance: Lawrence Hughes had appealed to be permitted to resume suing the Watchtower Society over Jehovah's Witnesses and two Watchtower attorneys which McLeod had previously dismissed; his daughter Bethany Hughes died in 2002 after blood transfusions were discontinued in line with what Watchtower, its Elders, attorneys etc liked.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Can someone give a summary of this?

• Kudra
    Kudra

So this win is just permitting him to sue the WT?

He hasn't won anything except the ability to sue them??

That's how that little blurb reads...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"I see this as a win," Hughes said outside court. "The court has accepted throughout that the lawyer-priests, Gnam and Brady, are employees of the Watchtower Society.

"This judgment decided that they have to answer for their actions in preventing Bethany from getting the best medical care. I couldn't prove that the lawyer-priests conflict of interest caused her death, but that doesn't mean there was no conflict of interest."

Calgary Herald MAY 25, 2009 2:01 PM

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks for keeping us posted.

purps

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

You have to give Mr. Hughes alot of credit the guy just don't give up. I get the feeling he's going to win something in court. black sheep gave a good link to the newspaper and I left a comment. let's all try to help by commenting etc.

• Will Power
    Will Power

link to the National Post. a little more insight if you ask me.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1629449

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit