HURTS PEOPLES LIVES

by Sweet Honey 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sweet Honey
    Sweet Honey

I was 15 years old I'm forty now ,but my whole family were JW I got pregnant my mom made me keep my son which i am thankful for i had to have that stupid Meeting with the elders and i was not even baptized this was in the mid 80's They ask you so many ? its like their getting off I refused to answer their ? so i was dissociated from the congregation i went to meetings until i gave birth to my son then i refused to go my mom told me she would help me no matter what then the elders and my brothers one still is a jw we really don't speak we are like strangers told her that she could not condone me not going to the meetings to make matters worse she moved out from the home we were living in and left me and my son there and they took me to court and evicted me from her home I had no where to go with my son I found a place after all that and didn't speak to my mom for 6 years . it hurt me and my mom i know that hurt her so bad that she had to listen to what man told her to do .it took for me to get dressed one day i was pregnant with my 2 child my son was 6 years old and go to her meeting for her to see my face i didn't go for the religion i went to see my mom. after that she still spoke to me we got our relationship back never spoke of religion to each other.the funny thing after all those years the elders that dissociated me found my # and called and said they had a new policy dealing with unbaptized children that were mistaken i should have never been dissociated from the congregation wow what a mistake it cost me my family i told him to go to hell.Jesus never turned his back on anyone so what gives them the right they should study the bible not their publications.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats terrible to have to put up with that at a very difficult time...many here share the same sad stories!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can vouch for her story because I am her oldest brother,, It saddens me that I treated her under cult indoctrination so poorly,,and have been trying to be a real older brother for her,(what ever that is)?

She done pretty well for herself and her family,, dispite the many obstacles. We both came from not the greatest home enviroment(both parents suffered post tramatic stress caused by various reasons). I became rather distant at times because of this and cult mind control. I'm glad to be part of her family this past month. it's been exciting to say the least.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    I thought this bore repeating: the funny thing after all those years the elders that dissociated me found my # and called and said they had a new policy dealing with unbaptized children that were mistaken i should have never been dissociated from the congregation wow what a mistake it cost me my family i told him to go to hell. Jesus never turned his back on anyone so what gives them the right they should study the bible not their publications.

Welcome, Sweet Honey, and congratulations to you and FrankieSpeakin!!! I am so very happy to know that you two have gotten back together as a family again.

Many years of happy new memories to both of you.

Love,
    Baba.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

welcome sweet honey. You and frankie are brother and sister - thats marvellous - nice to meet you.

• Sweet Honey
    Sweet Honey

Thanks to all who responded yes it is nice to have a relationship with my brother and I'm praying for my other brother that god will touch him to.He is still stuck in that mind colt.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Sweet Honey! I like your username.

I'm glad you told those elders to go to hell. I think a lot of these clowns think they have a 'get outta jail free pass' or something. It's like they don't remember, they, too, are sinners. They have no idea what Jesus' teachings are all about. I know as I have had to tell my MS father that some of his advice for me is in direct contrast to Jesus' teachings (and he knows it!).

As I have said before, when I was little, my Mum told me one of Satan's primary goals is to break up families. The WTS breaks up families ... so I can only conclude that Satan is running this organization.

Glad you're here. Hope you can/will stay.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Hi Sweet Honey, and welcome!

You said:

Jesus never turned his back on anyone so what gives them the right they should study the bible not their publications.

I like your way of thinking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit