by VIII 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• VIII
  • Warlock
    Warlock

I see you lost your thought.

Warlock

• VIII
    VIII

Well, I started to post a long post, answered the phone, hit a button and my screen changed. Opps.

I was looking for an e-mail from my ardent JW mom, where she is literally laughing and just about cheering that people will be dying at Armageddon because This System of Things is, in her opinion, So Bad.

Her opinion on most things is very negative. Very negative. If someone is having a bad hair day, she will gleefully point it out.

So, what was your view of Armageddon?

Were you breathlessly waiting for billions and billions of people to die so you could see Paradise?

My personal hope for Armageddon had to do with Paradise. I was young when I left the JWs (18ish) and my hope for Paradise was very strong. I wanted to be perfect and pet wild animals. I remember, vividly, the pictures in the literature, which showed people screaming in fear and falling into craters. I recall more vividly the pictures of trees and Lions being petted. That is what I was holding out for.

So, again, what was your view/hope about Armageddon? As I read the thread about Ted J., I was thinking about all the people in the JWs whose hopes hinge upon Armageddon and Paradise. And how leaving the JWs has to impact that dream.

• deemoo
    deemoo

Never understood all the fuss about Armageddon - I've been taught by witnesses that after death, there is no hell, nor pain, just non-existence. That's not so bad! I just won't be around... yay! This infinitely long life without modern conveniences sounds incredibly boring to me. Oh well.

They'll have to find another angle to indoctrine me... hehehe...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    just non-existence. That's not so bad!

That's what atheists say as well.

And I agree, much more comforting than Christianity.

• blondie
    blondie

So she'd be cheering as the heads of those babies popped?

At least the following children will be resurrected per the WTS. Animals were more important to save.

(Deuteronomy

2:31-35)31 "At this Jehovah said to me, ‘See, I have started to abandon Si´hon and his land to you. Start to take possession of his land.’ 32 When Si´hon came on out, he and all his people, to meet us in battle at Ja´haz, 33 then Jehovah our God abandoned him to us, so that we defeated him and his sons and all his people. 34 And we went capturing all his cities at that particular time and devoting every city to destruction, men and women and little children. We left no survivor. 35 Only the domestic animals did we take as plunder for ourselves, together with the spoil of the cities that we had captured.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Jehovah is a true god of Love and justest for all of mankind,

As an act of true worship to my god, I'm going to sacrifice one of my nephews on an alter this evening in my backyard........Praise Jah !

Interesting is it not that people still today worship the most evil and violent god ever in mankind's history of gods !

He makes Satan look a little Boy Scout

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Do they even stop to think how horrible and traumatic it will be to watch millions of people die? I mean, your average JW is squeamish about smashing a spider, much less wading up to their knees in blood and gore.

This is what happens when you take the Bible literally. Ugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit