Funny Christmas Gift Stories, please?

by Bendrr 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Ok, who gives "joke gifts" for christmas?
    Do you do the big box, little gift gag? Or wrap layer after layer of gift wrap on a present just for a laugh?
    I'm just curious to hear some funny gift stories.
    I'll share a couple to start the thread...
    Gave a good friend of mine the Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition DVD last year. I put it in a small box, wrapped it with an entire roll of packing tape (that really sticky impossible to open stuff) and then wrapped that in the usual decorative paper gift wrap. Took him 20 minutes to open it.
    My nephew. Oh boy, every year I have to think of something new.
    2 years ago I gave him a Playstation. Put it in a Flowmaster Muffler box (I worked in a muffler shop). He tears the paper off, looks at the box, gives this look of utter dismay and tosses the unopened box off to the side. When he opens the next box full of Playstation games, he finally figured it out.
    So last year I took another Flowmaster Muffler box with the muffler still in it and gift wrapped it. (his real gift was elsewhere) He tears the paper and starts to laugh. "You're not getting me with that again!" He looks at the muffler inside. The look on his face was too much.
    So this year, I got him a Harry Potter Playstation game. After much careful thought, I came up with the joke to end all jokes. (until next year)
    I'm going to buy some book like whatever you'd get a little girl--suggestions would be helpful, he's a typical 11-year old boy--cut a cavity in the middle to place the game in and gift wrap it with a cute pink bow.
    That gift is going in a larger box, also gift-wrapped. Then that one goes into an even larger box, also gift-wrapped......ad infinitum. Carefully packing everything to foil the "shake-test". Ultimately all the boxes-in-boxes-in-boxes end up in a box I have at work that a heater came in. About 4'x3'x3'.
    Last year, his mom made it clear that anything anyone bought her "for the kitchen" would end up in the dumpster. (ok I can go along with that) Now their coffee maker had recently died and I had just bought a new one for myself so I saved the box. Her CD player was carefully packed in the Mr Coffee box and gift-wrapped. Oh boy was she pissed when she unwrapped a coffee maker box!
    ---
    OK, jump in. I need some ideas now!

I may not like what you have to say, but many men gave their lives for your right to say it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

When I was married, my ex-hubby traveled a lot. For Christmas, he wanted one of those little fold-up luggage carts to tote around his overnite bag and computer bag. He also wanted one of those little slidy carts that you lay on to change the oil. So his mom and I schemed a bit that winter. We got him a slidy-oil-changing-cart and a rope. Told him he could change his oil and when he wanted to go out of town he could tie the rope to the cart and use it as luggage carrier.

One year, my teenage BIL just wanted cash. $100 was my budget for him and I got him $100 in pennies. Put it into a couple of HUGE boxes and lugged them to him on Christmas morning. He didn't find that very funny. Don't know why. $100 is a $100 bucks.

Andi

• Scully
    Scully

"girl" books:

Little Women
    Anne of Green Gables
    anything from the Babysitter's Club series
    Nancy Drew mysteries (you can sometimes find hardcover versions in a 2nd hand bookstore which will impress him to no end )

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Bendrr, when I was a little girl, my grandmother would always pick someone to do this too. She woul have a small present under the tree and when it was opened there would be a note inside which had a clue to where the next box would be. That box would also have a note with a clue. She used about five different clues until you finally got to the main gift. It was fun.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you have the budget for it, try this variation on Lilacs' idea:

1. get him a GPS receiver, (or a topographic map of the appropriate locale and a compass).

2. give him a card with the coordinates of his gift.

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my close friends is a JW, but doesn't tell the people she works with, that she is one. She has been a dub for 30 years. She gives Christmas presents to the people she works for, and gets lots of them too. She came by today, and showed me a Christmas tablecloth and a Christmas sweater. Now what can she do with those things? It is so ironic.

Last year she got a VERY expensive nativity set, from people who are Microsoft executives. She gave it to me to give to my daughter in law, who loved it. To me it is just SO funny. She doesn't think so, but I laughed hard today.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Christina77
    Christina77

Girl Books:

A little Princess
    The Secret Garden

and my all time favorite...
    Are you there God it's me Margaret?
    (Teenage Girl Problems)

or you can go all out and get a book on the changing female... or The girls guide to good grooming or something... he he he

• orbison
    orbison

ah i remember as a child, about 7, female, my sister and i woke and found string tied around our beds, santa left it there, as we found out when we read the notes with our parents
    then we had to follow the string, or no payola
    had bout 500 feet of string throughout the house
    and finally found our bikes downstairs, that was about 40 yrs ago, and i cant forget it

wendy d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit