about mormons

by megaflower 2 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

Does anyone know how they treat a house when they get someone home. Do they consider it a retun visit as the JW's do. My nephew encountered some Mormons today(got a call from sis) as she saw him talking to them when she returned home. Shes not happy about it.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I live in Mormon country for 30 years, and have talked to thousands of them.

But, they tend to not follow up unless you really show an interest in their teaching to the point of wanting to agree to a 6 week course of "Bible Study" right away.

Bible study consists of getting you to accept a King James Bible and then teaching you about Mormon lifestyle. Doctrine is optional to a large degree except the bare basics.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Two Mormon Missionaries called on me today. They asked if I had the Book of Mormon, and I told them that I did and though I appreciated their call I told them that I was Episcopalian and my wife is Russian Orthodox and that we are both satisfied with our church families. They weren't pushy like the JWs and didn't try to leave me any literature. Interestingly they asked if I needed any help around the place, as I own almost 4 acres. This is something the JWs would never ask. In fact during the ten years that I've lived here the JWs have never called.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit