Aug 15th JW only WT now on JW.org

by dozy 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

Nothing much to report from a quick skim through of the articles (I haven’t the heart or the inclination to listen to all of them) but there does seem to be a new emphasis on the “earthly hope” – perhaps the WTS are concerned at the number of new anointed.

The usual counsel to obey those in “positions of authority” and in this way God is obeyed is empahsised repeatedly and an article counsels against time spent texting , phoning or on the TV instead of preaching. (Interestingly it refers to a study saying that the average person spends 225 minutes on the phone per day and says that this is more than twice the auxiliary pioneer requirement , so I guess no decrease in the hours is imminent.)

http://www.jw.org

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The average person spends 225 minutes on the phone each day? That is 3 hours, 45 minutes a day. I wonder if they are counting people that spend all day on the phone as part of their jobs, or their whole jobs (like telemarketers, telephone operators, and people that take phone orders). And, you cannot tell me that people spend that kind of time on cell phones--that would be 6,750 minutes per month before other "minute using" items are factored in. Do you know of any cell phone plan that gives you that many minutes and is affordable?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I get 550 minutes. If I went over by 6200 minutes..my overage would be 6200 X .45/minutes...2,790.00.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Average time on phone per day: 3:45

Sure... if you're a woman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit