Governing Body believes

by diamondiiz 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Does anyone know these people privately and have they ever discusses in private what they really believe? It's so wierd to think that when examining the history of WTS there are so many scandels and wrongs that have occurred and yet these people sit at the top teaching what they do. Where is the money going? Beth Sarim isn't around anymore! Do they feel that they've been in it too long to walk away and not have a pansion? Can they be so blind to believe their own lies? This is one question I just can't answer myself. Russell may have been sincere about his crap dates but one would think that 1914 would open up his eyes but since he died during WWI, it's possible he thought that the great tribulation has started. What was Rutherford's excuse? Maybe he put his trust in 1925 but after that? Is that why he build a mansion and lived a good life supported by the donations? Rutherford probably didn't care for anyone else thus he didn't care that others believed the crap he wrote as long as he had daily needs paid for. But Knorr and others? One would think that these men would have fixed the chronology or any other nonsense! And yet to this day there is a scandel after scandel occuring, seems to be a scandel every decade! Who are these people that have such control over others and what do they really believe?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is one of my favorite things to think about. I know as an elder, I went first to the confidential file of the congregation to learn all the dirty secrets.

Imagine what the GB confidential file looks like? Confirmation of CoC? Knowing that 607 is totally full of crap? Realizing that you have inherited Freddy Franz's Pandora's Box?

I personally think that they don't believe MOST of the currently understood dogma. How in the world could you?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You can be sure that a good proportion of GB members and senior WTS colleagues are harbouring doubts about 607 and 1914 and their chronology-based interpretations in general. Ray Franz reported in COC that some GB members expressed doubts decades ago about all this and that the GB seriously debated shifting the start of the 'generation' to 1957 when Sputnik went into space. Imagine how much worse those private doubts are now, and especially since they have had to recently drop their ridiculous 1935 'cut-off' date for the calling of the anointed and have yet again adjusted the meaning of 'generation.' So we know the Society is sensitive to the passage of time and do think/worry about these chronology-based doctrines.

I'm expecting a swath of changes to their chronology-based creeds in the years shortly following 2014, when I expect the publisher growth in the western world will seriously start to drop-off.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Liars start out by lying to themselves... Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit