Perfection in Paradise

by Amazing 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

PERFECTION IN PARADISE

When I first studied with the JWs in the 1960s, the thought of being Perfect in Paradise was appealing. When I ‘witnessed’ to my family and friends about this, there were three main arguments they all used to try and defeat the validity of the Perfection in Paradise concept:

1. "If people were perfect they would be snobby and not fun to be around." We countered this by saying that if people were “perfect” they would be kind and loving and not snobby.

2. "If we were all perfect, we would have to live here forever and never die and go to heaven. Who want to live forever in a world like this – yuck?" We countered that that is the point – to live forever in Paradise means not going to heaven, and life in perfection means no sickness or aging, and enjoying peaceful unending bliss. And the Anointed would rule perfectly, in a world without war, crime, or poverty.

3. "If we were perfect, and no one died, then the world would get overpopulated, and there would not be enough food to go around." We countered by saying that at some point Jehovah would know when the planet was at its proper population limit, and would either end the marital arrangement, or would terminate our ability to procreate – or simply command no more sex so as to prevent new births.

How smart we felt to be able to counter these "worldly" idiots who did not understand or trust Jehovah to make everything come out for our best interests. But then ...

My wife noted one-day, that the world would be rather "dull" without children running around ... and that the final generation would never know the joy of procreation. I then noted that it would be difficult to see Jehovah end the marital arrangement --- or worse yet, command us not to have sex anymore. No more "perfect sex" - YIKES! Then ...

One day, while in an Elders meeting --- a couple of months before I left the organization – I was sitting next to an Elder who was a bossy-technocrat-pharisaic-legalist ... and I said to myself ... “Thank God I am going to heaven, because I can’t imagine living on earth forever with the likes of this guy when he may end up having real civil authority” ... and then I thought again for a minute, and said to myself, “well, I will have kingly power in heaven, so I can make this guy's life on earth a Perfect Hell!"

It was at this defining moment that I knew my decision to leave the JWs was the right move. – Amazing LOL

• beroea
    beroea

It could be big questions about the Bible promised of future. What hope: Heaven or earth? Adam and Eva were places on earth with what purpose? NT said Heaven. JW says Heaven and Earth. What does the Bible say in reality?

Like you post

Beroea
    A voice from Europe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit