When, oh When Will I be Awarded More Posting Privileges?

by VIII 5 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

I guess I should have put:

NEWSFLASH!!! in front of my subject, heh? I thought of it as I looked at the board and saw AfricanGBs posts. Damn!!

I know I am impatient, but, I can only post 10 times per day. Usually, that is not a problem. But, on those days when I can and want to post more often or someone responds to something I've posted, I can't respond because I've used my limit of 10 posts for the day.

Is there a time limit or a list of questions I have to answer before I may get 20 posts or even 25 per day?

I can't respond on this one because I just got this one (1) post allowed of my 10. I don't know when I'll be allowed to post again. My next one might not be for 5 minutes or it could be 20 minutes so I apologize in advance for not responding immediately. I do use *Edit* to let people know when I've used my last post.

Thanks for the consideration!

edited to add: it says I can't post for 6 hours! Bummer!

Second Edit: I'm NEW!! I never had more than 10!!

Third Edit at 5:00 PM EST: Noooo! I'm a goodie! Like above, I've only received 10 from the start. I would post more, on more threads, but I have to use them judiciously. Like a member of the GB.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jez VII what the hell did you do to get "reproved" down from 100 posts! Who did you kill?.....oh right you can't answer...well in that case...your a frikin Jackass!

• cognac
    cognac

Witness 007 - He can answer you... He just has to edit his post...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Back in the day ('03?) everyone used to have a 20 post per day limit. It was like that for quite a long time.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I started out with 75 in '07, I think. I never reached that limit.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe the default for newbies is 10 posts per day, to limit the damage that trouble makers can do. I have no idea when this limit is increased--it started when the forum was open to newbies again.

Before that, I used to read the rule section even before I was a member. I saw that the poster limit was put in place at first because the forum was outgrowing the server space too quickly, and then to limit the amount of trouble a troll could cause. It started at 40, and then fluctuated between 20 and 25. When I started, it was 75 posts and 2 topics a day. For established members, it maxes out at 100 posts and 4 topics per day.

The quickest way to get more posts is to post good material that is helpful to other members on the forum. Starting an interesting topic, or posting helpful replies to members that need assistance, will make you more of an asset to the forum. Once the mods (who are, admittedly busy) see that, it is pretty much a matter of time before your poster limits will be increased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit