Why make fools of them?

by hamsterbait 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I want to know why God spent the first seventy years of the WTBTS directing it by his spirit, to print reams of trash that was constantly having to be updated and changed, why they insulted everybody elses beliefs and mocked proven science such as vaccinations and promoted quackery.

Why did the spirit direct producing a translation of the Bible with wilful additions to support obvious doctrinal bias, and such travesties as "do you now please step up into my chariot" instead of "please climb aboard my chariot now" than pass this off as modern english. (other exx of ridiculous verbal contortions welcome)

All these things inevitably destroyed any credibility they might have gained by presenting a more reasonable face.

And NOW the public is to die because they don't want the litterature of a cult that has made a fool of itself and its god for over a hundred and thirty years!!

What sort of God plays games with peoples lives like that? Oh I know - Jehoobie!!

HB

• Warlock
    Warlock

I think they make fools of themselves.

You can claim to be directed by God, but that doesn't mean you are.

Warlock

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's the god in their head - he's going to give them things, but not to the people they don't like - they don't share the imagining, and so they threaten the existence of the god in their own head - so the others are "bad".

- they'll gladly make fools of themselves to protect the god in their head, and keep imagining that they'll be ultrablessed

You shall not make for yourself an image...........

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have noticed numerous inconsistencies regarding language within the Bible, at least the Not Well Translated version. The Not Well Translated version will not use the words "Damn" or "Hell". Damn, as most people know, means to condemn, usually to hell but it can mean condemning to death. (It is also used as an expletive, similar to "Darn" but slightly stronger.) The Witlesses will not use that word at all. And the word "hell" is missing, translated "Sheol", "Hades", and "Gehenna" in the Not Well Translated. They do use the word "hell" to name the doctrine, but will not use it in common language. Notably, they also have a strong intolerance for any kind of "foul language", even going so far as to view words like "Darn", "Shoot", and "Gee" as swearing.

However, the word "ass" appears numerous times in the Not Well Translated version. In this post, it means "a donkey". They use the word "she-ass" to mean a female donkey. However, most worldly people can interpret this improperly (and the only reason I use it here is that it is directly in the Not Well Translated version). If they are supposedly modernizing it, and wish to steer away from even the mildest "foul language", then how much extra work would it be to type in "donkey" instead? Plus, it would clear up any confusion regarding the meaning of what they wish to say.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I still have a quiet giggle to myself when i hear an adult say they still believe in Santa :)) lol, But on a more serious note- just think how hard atheists are laughing at people who say they believe in G_d!

Now here is another question... can you believe that we were created by a loveing G_d and not believe that the bible or any other "holy books" are G-D's written revelation to mankind??? I do! and I'm pretty possitive that there is plenty of people laughing at me for this... am i a fool? or is the joke on you???

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I still have a quiet giggle to myself when i hear an adult say they still believe in Santa :)) lol, But on a more serious note- just think how hard atheists are laughing at people who say they believe in G_d!

Now here is another question... can you believe that we were created by a loveing G_d and not believe that the bible or any other "holy books" are G-D's written revelation to mankind??? I do! and I'm pretty possitive that there is plenty of people laughing at me for this... am i a fool? or is the joke on you???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit