I guess we are all heretics.........

by awildflower 6 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

It always amazes me how expendable we are to this organization. Especially if you are the mom of unbaptized children and the wife to the 'unbeliever'. In my experience, I was let go and forgotten quite easily (although I get the feeling it might not be over!). I've heard some on these boards talk about how the elders or the gb don't seem to be to concerned with those leaving, even though it's suppose to be about 'saving our everlasting life!' Well the other night I was watching the news and a statement caught my attention and I just had to jump up and write it down. This was a political statement, not a religious one:

"We need to attract converts, we don't need to chase after heretics."

Doesn't that sound familiar? It means the religious and political intities on this planet pretty much have the same MO!

We are not going to be missed friends, but the ego will try to feed off of our individual circumstances as long as it can. The key is not to give it any 'food'!

• chicken little
    chicken little

I felt the same as you. We were a high profile family..haha...well everyone enjoyed out house, garden, food and entertainment. Yet we went without a ripple...the only elder that came by after 4 months was a kind oldtimer who was sad and confused as to why we left. We could only reassure him it was not his fault.

I think many elders are scared of the heretics, they cant burn us at the stake, if they cant disfellowship then they are at a loss...we take away their power. I had no intention of ever going back but I did expect a shepherd to at least look for the lost sheep. Now I know that they are not shepherds, they are the spanish inquisition...and nobody expects that do they?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It does take a while to get over the fact that we are such toss away people . I know I felt very similar to you when we faded . We had been a central part of the congregation for over 27 yrs . One Elder stopped by about four months after our last meeting .He was very nervous when he asked if there was something we wanted to talk to him about . We just said No thanks not right now and that was it ....it's been three yrs. now .

• sspo
    sspo

2 years out of the congregation and no calls from any of the elders except from an older sister

that truly has some shown concern.

The fade worked perfectly.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

"We need to attract converts, we don't need to chase after heretics."

Yes, it's true. Just like a political ideology, it is more about the movement than the individuals. Kind of expected with politics. Pretty disappointing from a religion.

But as we all know, this is no ordinary religion. And it's not about worshipping God or living a Christian life of love. In a cult, it's all about the organization and its needs, interests, goals, ambitions, etc. That's why they are more than willing to use people up and throw them away when there is nothing left to get from them.

A sad situation indeed. And nothing like the ideas and truths Jesus taught 2000 years ago.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We actually had a few of the elders call and attempt to stop by at first, but we avoided it because what do you say when you just figured out that everything you believed your entire life is dead wrong? If I would have spoke up, I would be DF'ed and there are a few people I actually still want to talk to. They have pretty much left us alone now. Back to what you said about chasing heretics, my parents always said "let them go out the back door, for everyone that leaves another one comes that really wants to be here". So much for love of the individual, keep them numbers up.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Do they even know your name?

It always amazed me how Paul when sending greetings actually knew people's names, both male and female.

You should know that if both partners are not JW, you will not be as 'included' as the two-fers (unless you are male). Even with males it can be kind of iffy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit