I need...

by Haelcer 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

Hi

I looking for scan from "Reasoning from the Scriptures", first ed. 1985, page 172.

It's about Sodommites resurection.

Thnx.

• Priest73
    Priest73

It's about Sodommites resurection.

Mmmm Sodomy.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Here goes a scan from the 1985 Reasoning from the Scriptures.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

Very thanx Cellist.

But look at this:

rsp.172par.1Hell ***

Jude 7, KJ: “Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” (The fire that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ceased burning thousands of years ago. But the effect of that fire has been lasting; the cities have not been rebuilt. God’s judgment, however, was against not merely those cities but also their wicked inhabitants. What happened to them is a warning example. At Luke 17:29, Jesus says that they were “destroyed”; Jude 7 shows that the destruction was eternal.)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting flip flop on this point..Nothing printed recently, that I have found :

It 2 985 (1988)

Jude mentions that “Sodom and Gomorrah . . . are placed before us as a warning example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.” This would not conflict with Jesus’ statement about a Jewish city that would reject the good news: “It will be more endurable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day than for that city.” Sodom and Gomorrah were everlastingly destroyed as cities, but this would not preclude a resurrection for people of those cities.—Jude 7; Mt 10:15; compare Lu 11:32; 2Pe 2:6.

pe page 179 (Live Forever (1989))

Yes, for their excessive immorality the people of Sodom and of the surrounding cities suffered a destruction from which they will apparently never be resurrected

It beats me how the WTS (not The Bible) can decide that every man woman & child in that city was unworthy of a ress... I thought that God was a reader of hearts individually. Still, it backs up their comments on "community responsibility" for the coming Armageddon..

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I need a beer...

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I need a beer...

Warlock

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thanks, warlock!

Share this

Google+