Food for thought on the Ransom Sacrifice

by Cellist 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cellist
    Cellist

I'm going to attach a couple of pages from a course called "Saving Jesus". I'm not going to give any opinion.

I just thought that a few people here might find it interesting.

I hope everyone can read them ok.

Cellist

• Cellist
    Cellist

They seem to be very small. Is there a way to make them large enough to read?

Cellist

• Cellist
    Cellist

I've re-scanned. Let's see if I've done any better.

• Cellist
    Cellist

OK, BabaYaga helped me out. Hopefully it will be readable this time.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Still not big enough.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Finally!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thank you Cellist.

Although the precise analysis and classification of interpretive patterns are open to discussion, this nicely supplements a recent thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/175312/1/Redemption-Reductions

• Cellist
    Cellist

Narkissos,

Thanks for the link, I missed that conversation. This information should have been posted there.

Cellist

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is all hogwash. Jesus did not offer up his life as a sacrifice--he died for trying to free mankind from God, not as a ransom for any "original sin". It appears that Jehovah hates us so much that He had to create that problem out of nothing.

Notably, He still requires sacrifice to this day. Even after Jesus supposedly offered up "a perfect sacrifice, to which nothing ever need be added", Jehovah still wants all of our time and energy as an additional sacrifice. Hence that negates any ransom value of Jesus' dying.

• Cellist
    Cellist

WTWizard,

Personally, I don't believe there was any "original sin". The whole Adam and Eve story is just very bad allegory.

I thought those points on "atonement" were interesting because all those interpretations can be backed up by

the bible.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit