JW Revelation interpretation is nuts.

by refiners fire 3 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The Witness interpretation of the book of Revelation is the most ridiculous I have ever seen in a major religion.
    Sometimes I read Revelation again, looking for it to come clear to my eyes,and I was reading it last night. The dubs are LOST.
    Example. (Im paraphrasing from their own Bible version)
    Revelation 20.Start at verse 1 now, it says:
    I SAW AN ANGEL COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN WITH THE KEY OF THE ABYSS
    AND HE SEIZED THE DEVIL AND BOUND HIM 1 THOUSAND YEARS....
    okay,go into dub mode,when does that happen? After Armaggedon, right?
    verse 3:
    HURLED HIM INTO THE ABYSS...UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE ENDED.
    Now verse 4:
    I SAW THRONES,THERE WERE THOSE WHO SAT DOWN..AND POWER OF JUDGING WAS GIVEN THEM...
    144000, right?
    AND THEY CAME TO LIFE AND RULED AS KINGS WITH CHRIST 1000 YEARS..
    People, thats After Armaggedon. The Ressurection of the 144000 is after Satan is bound. So much for the dubs on the 1918 ressurection.
    verse 5:
    THE REST OF THE DEAD DID NOT COME TO LIFE UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE ENDED.
    So much for the dubs general resurrection during the 1000 years.

verses 7 and 8 raise an old connundrum that has bothered me for years:
    AS SOON AS THE THOUSAND YEARS ARE ENDED,SATAN WILL BE LOOSED.
    AND HE WILL MISLEAD THOSE NATIONS IN THE 4 CORNERS OF THE EARTH.
    THE NUMBER OF THESE IS AS THE SAND OF THE SEA.
    AND THEY ADVANCED OVER THE BREADTH OF THE EARTH AND ENCIRCLED THE CAMP OF THE HOLY ONES.
    Mr Dub.
    Are you trying to tell me that everyones going to get resurrected,
    spend 1000 years in perfection (dont forget the willfully wicked have died off DURING the 1000 years)and then so many, that they are "as the sands of the sea"are going to turn bad again??
    You gotta be kidding!
    Somethings WRONG people....

• moman
    moman

ref, good post, but whats so hard to believe? Dubville haz been winging it & making up stories from day one!

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Refiner...good post, I was thinking of posting a similiar post myself today, but read yours first. I had a friend that is also a xjw ask me what I feel like if the dubs were right about how the end would happen.

My reply was, I was only in that org 6 years, and I never took it into my heart. Sometimes it made sense in my head, but never in my heart. The whole religion was missing that piece, so I could have continued to be a dub and never have fun, wasting my life pretending and die anyway because it was not in my heart, or I could live the way I wanted and die happy. But I told, I did not believe anymore, using some examples you just gave. And said so I live a happy life and prolly won't die that way anyhow. Either way in my book I win. Thanks for the post....

• ISP
    ISP

Yo Refiner...the dub expression 'come to life' has a meaning that could only belong in the square-peg-in-round-hole WTS baloney. It does n't mean what you think!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit