Hi wildflower

welcome

ql

• awildflower
    awildflower

Thank you! And it's a 'she'.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Hey wild! Pull up a stump and set awhile!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

glad your a she!!!! LOL with a Navy hubby
    Just read your 2nd post .Good you found us....XX

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome awildflower...

and in response to your thread...I tried to read the Tolle books...just never "got" that particular author... was recommended to me by a member here... got it on Amazon....read about 1/4 of the book....sold it on Amazon for about what I paid for it... LOL

my mom was a coast guard wife... my dad started in navy and then quickly jumped to CG.... they found the "truth" before he could retire... {{gag}}..so my dad gave up a military career and pension...3 years shy of retirement.... we hurt financially for years after that....

glad you are free of the Borg.....

Snakes ()

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hi snakes, one thing I'm grateful for now (which I hated then) was that my husband was very supportive of my life in the org and even studied off and on through these 15 years but was fully determined to finish his career in the Navy which he did, 22 years a couple years ago. When he retired he really through himself into studying but things weren't jiving with him. The last time we went through the Rev book he would come home and say "why does the org apply every single thing in Rev to them? It doesn't sound right." Of course I would blow that off. By this time I was frustrated he wasn't 'coming in' anyways so his opinion didn't really matter to me at the time. Then the brothers that were studying with him were telling him which jobs he couldn't take now because he couldn't be a baptized witness in certain jobs so he took a part time job a pizza hut, this 22 year Navy Vet, (not knocking pizza hut of course) for a year! So as the WT was unraveling for him and he was getting a grip on his own spirituality guess what showed up? The job he wanted! To work for the VA and this job could not be going better for him. So, back then I didn't realize the blessings that were in store for us because he followed his heart all along and not me or the brothers! It just cringes me that your dad was only three years away! The pensions are great especially now in this economy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit