Shameful Shunning and its Consequences -Is the WTS to blame?

by Scott77 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Shunning is certainly very bad. It has a very serious personal, social, and psychological remifications. Regardless of one's age, it looks like alot of people are finding it hard to overcome its consequences. I do not want to blame them. By and large,it appears that shunning tends to hit hard families where more than one members is a JW as oposed to those who are not. If all my family members are not JW except me alone, it will not matter alot as far as shunning is concerned. Howver, those with families, I can imagine how hard it will be. Because the WTS is alleged to have been selective in the way it applies shunning policies and practices, this raises very profoundly and disturbing questions: Is Jehovah God behind the shameful shunning practices? Or has the WTS merely used shunning as a powerful tool of control and manipulation of the ranks and files of JWs for its selfish ends? If Jehovah God would allows the Devil to be present among his good angels in heaven and even go a head to speak to him, is not it logical to conclude that the WTS has grossly misapplied the practices of shunning? Why not Jesus could have shunned Judas who betrayed him but instead, went a head to socializes with him even eat food with him? Please, what do you think abou this?

Scott77

• the research lady
    the research lady

The word "shun" appears only three times in the New World Translation and the word "shunning" only once. None of those scriptures speak of shunning the person but, rather their bad behavior. The Watchtower org. once again goes beyond what is written in the Bible to keep control over it's followers.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

you are so right scott - If Jehovah believed in shunning the way the WTS does he would have sent satan and his demons to Pleiades

• Scott77
    Scott77

The Research Lady and Quietlyleaving, thank you for your views. Thoughtful comments like those generates mores discussions and in the end, help us to get a better view of the situations and to aid those currently being shunned.

Scott77

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_12372079

This case was just reported today in the San Bernardino Sun newspaper; check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit