Intuition.

by lurk3r 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Do you think that being raised a JW may possibly leave you with more of an "intuition" than many folks out there in the world today? Being raised to "not use your head", perhaps our bodies try and compensate for this in other areas?

Knowing full well that "some questions" just cannot be asked within the organizational structure, perhaps we have had a bit more experience in knowing what one witness might already be thinking, because we already think like them to a certain degree? Since we were not encouraged to "think freely", we had to do things differently than most people in the world.

lurk3r

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm not sure, I have always had very high intuition even as a child.....

Many times i think if you do have high intuition you supress it being a jw because you think it could be

wrong.

hope4others

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Here is a theory for that, and it is not entirely pleasant: People raised in co-dependent (or dangerous) households are much more likely to "pick up on" tensions within any environment.

It is a survival instinct... which can indeed be useful later in life (in a corporate board-room to "read" body language, for example.)

It is a super-power that comes from being raised badly.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sometimes I see something within ex-JWs that I would categorize more as suspicion than intuition.

I have wondered if because they are extremely sensitive about having been lied to and feeling deep wounds because of these lies, that they are more skeptical of everything and everyone now because of it.

Not only did WT beat down their self esteem and not allow them to take any pride in their accomplishments, but their loss of self esteem at realizing they had been duped for years has made many very defensive and very suspicious of everyone.

I think an ex-JW probably hates a liar more than anything else.

I have noticed that even on this board, ex-JWs have a certain sense of humor. It must be made known immediately that what is being said is parody or a joke. Very sensitive if an ex-JW feels he is being made the butt of a joke. I don't think you can use certain kind of humor with some ex's. It must be clearly marked in the box "just joking". I think ex JWs get very angry when they sense others think they are gullable and try to make them a fool.

Lurk3r, intuition may be heightened and increased over time and through experience. I tend to think ex-JWs develop greater intuition through deeper critical analysis of situations and people. And I think it is because of the life experience they have been through.

I think life for all of us--JW, ex, and non, has had some hard lessons that have brought us all together here. Once we start asking the right questions our minds become sharper and we can all smell bs and ulterior motives.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Do you think that being raised a JW may possibly leave you with more of an "intuition" than many folks out there in the world today? Being raised to "not use your head", perhaps our bodies try and compensate for this in other areas?

Knowing full well that "some questions" just cannot be asked within the organizational structure, perhaps we have had a bit more experience in knowing what one witness might already be thinking, because we already think like them to a certain degree? Since we were not encouraged to "think freely", we had to do things differently than most people in the world.

lurk3r

yup - I agree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit