Interesting Discussion With JW On 1914, Daniel 7 & Beasts

by bjc2read 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bjc2read
  • bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi all,

Here is an excerpt of a discussion going on between a Jehovah's Witness and an inquiring person on Beliefnet Board concerning Daniel 7:11. (If you want to read it at Beliefnet, see link in above post.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------snip---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi bejay,

You ask:

You are asking us to believe, verse 11, the verse quoted above, shows the "Fourth Beast" (Roman Empire) is destroyed over 1,000 years by Jehovah God, BEFORE ... BEFORE the "Court" ever took "its seat" in 1914? And that's BEFORE ... BEFORE the wicked "small horn" ever utters the "grandiose words" that greatly offend Jehovah?

In other words, Jehovah had the TRIAL and JUDGED the "Fourth Beast" 1,000 years AFTER He destroyed it?

I reply:

No.

I have found the reason for the confusion. My bad.

This statement: "Indeed, the fourth beast was "destroyed" centuries ago. Long before Jesus received his Messianic throne in 1914" (A complete brain burp - Hadn't had my first coffee) shouldn't have been stated as it is incorrect. What was in my mind to say was: (The fourth empire was destroyed not "The fourth beast"). Having said that the fourth empire was not litterally destroyed but simply faded away.

Anyway, back on track. The fourth beast started out as the Roman Empire of which as I stated Britain was a colony, the "small horn".

I said: "The beasts you refer to from Daniel represent Political Empires, the fourth beast being the Roman Empire. It is no longer with us but the empires that came from the fourth beast are. The most significant of which was the British Empire or Great Britain (Britain once being a colony of Rome).

The "small horn" or Britain comes from the fourth beast and is therefore a part of or offshoot of the Roman empire and is itself included as part of the fourth beast. Therefore, the fourth beast is still in effect in existence today as represented not only primarily by the little horn but also by the other ten horns that came from it, 3 of which the little horn, Britain, defeated or "plucked up" (Spanish, Dutch, and French) to take over from Rome as the new world power. (Dan 7:8)

So when the "Ancient of days" sat down, the fourth beast as represented by Britain, the "small horn, and also by the "Ten Horns" that came from it, was still in existence.

... As for Jesus receiving his Kingdom after the fourth beast is destroyed this is incorrect. Verses 13, 14 are looking back retrospectively as confirmed by the rest of the chapter and other books of the bible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------snip--------------------------------------------------------

After reading the above, you can truly see what damage the teaching of the Watchtower Society has done to the thinking and reasoning ability of 7 million adherents.

Is this confusing or what!?!

Whew!

• whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay

How about Daniel 7:25: 1919 WTBTS was taken inot captivity! That is a good one to look up in newspapers! See what happen in Canada so that the WTBTS was taken into captivity!

I wonder if Mad Mary1 thinks that the holy ones in Daniel 7:18 are the 144,000 instead of the entire body of JW. Compared to King James where it is the saints and and the church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit