Another amazing article from the WBTS website ---Secret Societies—

by middleman 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• middleman
    middleman

Sorry just can't get over this stuff...too much fun! From the WBTS website :

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19970601/article_01.htm"

"When Secrecy Signals Danger

Not all secret groups are secret to the same degree. But those that have "secrets within secrets," as the Encyclopædia Britannica expresses it, pose a particular danger. It explains that "by the use of special names, ordeals or revelations," members of the top ranks manage to "set themselves apart," thereby stimulating "the lower ranks to the effort necessary to reach the exalted degrees." The danger inherent in such groups is obvious. Those in the lower echelons may be completely unaware of the real objectives of the organization, not having as yet progressed to that level of revelation. It is easy to become involved in a group whose goals and methods of achieving them are only partially recognized and, indeed, perhaps not even fully shared. But the person who has been initiated into such a group may later find it difficult to free himself; he is, as it were, bound by chains of secrecy."

Yes ladies and gentlemen...another doosy...Ok I'm done for now

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The GB is and always was that special secret society, the lowly R&F posturing them up as the true voice of god.

If the WTS is not structured with a secret society within itself, why is it they never have shown their financial standings from year to year ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Does this not sound like the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery? Blow the whistle, and see what happens to you.

To the contrary, I found a "secret" society that was mailing invitations. I joined on the pretext that it was going to be a big slap in Jehovah's face, getting a number of books designed to deprogram me from religious and social brainwashing that affects nearly everyone. The only reasons they were "secret" was because those in control of society would be threatened by it, and they would use the principles to throw it back in society's face and possibly plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages or create an absolute totalitarian world government. I never felt threatened by them, nor did I have to take any vows to promote that group (in fact, most people will find other things to do to create value for society, and what a person most enjoys is what they are most suited for and should be doing).

As with any man-made group, there are minor faults. They are trying to figure out what the real truth is--how best to run things (and they are upfront about that). They have a few specific recommendations and theories that will likely turn out wrong--that is to be expected, and they are upfront about that they are guessing many things). But, with unbridled science and the free market, along with free discussion, these problems will be worked out. Best of all, one can post these issues without being afraid of being disfellowshipped or otherwise sanctioned. And, you are not expected to pretend that it is perfect--the point is, if the value is greater than the cost, even with imperfections and the struggle to find the truth, then it's worth joining and/or staying in for me.

Try that with the Washtowel Slaveholdery. If you have even a minor question or problem, and point it out, you will earn a trip to the back room. You are not allowed to find new truths by scientific means and then spread them--even if you can prove that a doctrine is blatantly false using their own books, you still have to go by and teach the bad viewpoint until they change it themselves, not discuss it among each other and improve the religion.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hi Middleman.

I am glad you posted this. It is ironic that I just posted yesterday a different paragraph from WT website which appears to be in defense of secret societies. They say that "all secret groups are not bad". Hmmmmmm...

Anyway, not too many people seem to read my posts. Sure would like to hear what you think of this aspect of it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/175366/1/WT-Defends-Secret-Societies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit