Peter Barnes

by uncle_onion 8 Replies latest jw friends

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

Has anyone heard of Peter Barnes? He used to be a CO but apparently has left to start "praising the lord"? I think he used to be in the UK but may have gone to the US?

UO

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Pretty sure he was a CO or a DO or something here in Ireland. I haven't heard anything about him leaving, but I probably wouldn't anyway.

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• Simon
    Simon

Not the same Peter Barnes that used to play for Manchester City?

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hey Simon:

Speaking of football, what do you think of being paired with Argentina in the "Group of Death"? How about that David Beckham, heh? Should be a very interesting opening first round, to say the least. I would be happy if the Nigerians put Argentina out in the first round. What's your spin?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Peter Barnes is a very pleasant man who used to be a circuit overseer, but left the Watchtower in 1978, when he received Christ. He had been a JW for 30 years. He is the author of at least two books that I know of, Out of Darkness Into Light, and The Truth About Jesus and the Trinity. I had the pleasure of making his acquaintance at the Witnesses Now For Jesus convention in PA this past October (after having corresponded with him in the past), and found him to be a delightful, humble, man, as well as extremely knowledgeable. He currently lives in southern California.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Definitely a different Peter Barnes then. The one I'm thinking of was active till at least 5 years ago (and probably still is).

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Peter Barnes is a true Jewel who escaped the WT. His ministry is "Out Of Darkness Into the Light Ministry" He is sponsored by Shadow Mountain Community Church, Inc. in El Cajon, California.

Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • ISP
    ISP

I remember Peter Barnes...he played on the wing...and he didn't know what he was doing...which is pretty good because defenders didn't either. He played for England I think.

ISP

• sf
    sf

< http://www.pfo.org/wnj01d3.htm

9:30 AM
    Peter Barnes
    8712 N. Magnolia Ave.
    Santee, CA 92071 COMMUNION SERVICE
    "Do this in remembrance of Me." Peter was an active Jehovah's Witness for over 30 years serving as a Circuit Servant. Reading the Bible alone brought him to faith in Jesus alone. He publishes a monthly newsletter, "Out of Darkness."
    ==============================

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit