I've 2nd guessed myself for 30 years

by homeschool 1 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

It hit me the other day, when I was contemplating life....I was a jw for twenty years and I was trained to second guess myself. ALL THE TIME. No matter what I did, I needed to re-think. Make sure I wasn't being rebellious. Make sure I wasn't 'wrong', which they usually said I was. Now I'm thirty (been faded for 12 years), looking back. I remember all those times when people would tell me (post jw-world) that i'm such a nice person, so smart, but that I always second guess myself. I never put two and two together until just a few days ago. It was programmed in me. It's crazy how you think you're free from them, and they just subconsciously bite you in the butt. By the way, I've come a LOooooong way and dont second guess myself nearly as often as I used to

• garybuss
    garybuss

In business, that hardest thing I had to learn was how to make decisions. In business decisions must be made fast without wavering and without fear. Education was a big help and experience has been a bigger help.

I had 6 years in business before I went into business with my dad. That was a disaster. He wanted to be the leader but he couldn't make decisions and he'd lie to customers. I'd never do that again in a million years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit