Looking for which WT article this phrase appeared in:

by whyizit 4 Replies latest forum announcements

• whyizit
    whyizit

"Hence, according to God's will for the creature , in a resurrection one is restored or recreated in either a human or a spirit body and yet retains his personal identity by the setting in motion again of the distinctive life-pattern of that individual."

I would like to be able to find which WTS book or magazine this quote was taken from. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was unable to find any EXACT quote up to 2003, but I did find these:

Reasoning from the Scriptures (1989) page 333:

Resurrection

Definition: A·na´sta·sis, the Greek word translated "resurrection," literally means "a standing up again" and it refers to a rising up from death. The fuller expression "resurrection of (from) the dead" is used repeatedly in the Scriptures. (Matt. 22:31; Acts 4:2; 1 Cor. 15:12) The Hebrew is techi·yath´ ham·me·thim´, which means "revival of the dead." (Matt. 22:23, ftn, NW Reference edition) Resurrection involves a reactivating of the life pattern of the individual, which life pattern God has retained in his memory. According to God's will for the individual, the person is restored in either a human or a spirit body and yet retains his personal identity, having the same personality and memories as when he died. The provision for resurrection of the dead is a magnificent expression of Jehovah's undeserved kindness; it displays his wisdom and power and is a means by which his original purpose regarding the earth will be carried out...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The word “resurrection” is translated from the Greek word a·na´sta·sis, which literally means “a standing up again.” (Hebrew translators of the Greek have rendered a·na´sta·sis with the Hebrew words techi·yath´ ham·me·thim´, meaning “revival of the dead.”) Resurrection involves a reactivating of the life pattern of the individual, which life pattern God has retained in his memory. According to God’s will for the individual, the person is restored in either a human body or a spirit body; yet he retains his personal identity, having the same personality and memories as when he died.

- The WATCHTOWER, October 15, 1996, page 4 "Life After Death—How, Where, When?"

• VM44
    VM44

"...by the setting in motion again of the distinctive life-pattern of that individual."

So what good does that do for the person that died?

• VM44
    VM44

Distinctive life-pattern of an individual = Syncording!.

The Watchtower's idea of "resurrection" is nothing more than creating clones and imprinting them with the "pattern" of the deceased person! (See the movie "The 6th Day.")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit