Has the Elder Arrangement caused class distinction?

by The Berean 3 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
  • garybuss
    garybuss

Turds float to the top in the pot. There were always floating turds in the Watch Tower and they're still there. No difference. They still stink too.

• Amazing
    Amazing

The Elder arrangement is not about class distinction, as it is Biblical. In most churches, any male may become an Elder (Presbyter, Priest). By current western standards, it is discriminatory against women. The role of women in most Christian churches was limited until the late 20th century. In Catholicism and Orthodoxy, the role of women is just as high, if not higher than men. In Catholic teaching, while the priesthood is a male role, it is not an act of discrimination against women, because women have equal and higher roles ... such as being Saints or, e.g. The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God and holds the highest position in heaven that any human could ever have. No man can ever compete with that role. To a number of liberal Christians, who are non-Catholics, it still will be alleged as discrimination. My daughter, for example, is trying to become a Methodist Minister ... she and I have had go-rounds on this topic ... but she now at least understands where Catholics are coming from on this issue. She is more tolerant than others I know.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Turds float to the top in the pot

They should sink Gary you've probably got too much fat in your diet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit