A Way To Tap Gravity?

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Forgive me for this odd non-Witness topic but here goes: A Serbian inventor named Milkovic invented a simple device that appears to amplify mechanical energy. As simple as the device appears, some scientists are having a tough time explaining it. Where does the apparent extra energy come from? While there are a great many videos and pages on this ( google "Milkovic pendulum"), this video illustrates the dilemma best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCkVmv4zizM&feature=related

It's Milkovic device 7. The American guy who built his own version of the device shows the input as a tiny amount of push with his fingers - while the output slams a large weight up and down. Compare his light push to the effort it would take to lift the weight up and down. The demonstration can go on indefinitely , so a drawdown of stored energy is not the flaw.

very interesting

metatron

• silent
    silent

This is really cool. Imagine if the part lifting a weight was a ratcheting mechanism. Then it could simply work it up clear to the top and accomplish quite a monumental feat.

sign me silent

• Chalam
    Chalam

Interesting. This might help understand what is going on.

Inertia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the best,

Stephen

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Replace his light push with a solar powered solenoid.......

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It is just mechanical advantage. "Give me a lever large enough, and I will move the world." Nothing new there, really. It is just a kind of beam engine. Beam engines have been around forever. We use the principle in oil well pumpjacks.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Compare his light push to the effort it would take to lift the weight up and down.

The weight is balanced by the 80lb bob of the pendulum on the other side of the beam, so no, he is not really lifting the whole weight.

The demonstration can go on indefinitely , so a drawdown of stored energy is not the flaw.

Only so long as he maintains an energy input to the system, I.E. keeping the pendulum in motion, which he does manually. If he stops this, the system slows down and eventually stops.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'd like to know how that thing is put together. It struck me that the weight isn't being "lifted" in the sense that it isn't staying in the upper position. If that line is connected to some sort of ratchet the energy needed to pick it up gets recovered when it drops. Not much actual work being done if so.

• metatron
    metatron

Yes, the subject of oil jacks has been brought up in discussions about the Milkovic device. However, keep in mind that the motion of the pendulum is NOT locked to the outcome, as would exist with gears or a chain drive. You can stop the lever and the pendulum keeps swinging.

I still see no explanation of what the device does. As the man in the video points out, how tired would he get slamming the weight up and down for a set time compared with a gentle push done over the same period? Does the input of his push really equal the outcome? Some have tried to calculate the inch-pounds involved as to input and output ..............and that's where the problem is.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit