Are good people everywhere?

by beroea 7 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

JW are convinced that good people are only inside JW – no one else is good and facing salvation. Jesus said that the wheat and the non-wheat were growing together to the “end!” Are true good persons a special area of human being or just individuals showing inner qualities?

And if individual qualities are enough is the faith PERSONAL or NON-PRIVATE?

If personal what does that mean? If NON-PRIVATE what does that demand?

Beroea
    A voice from Europe

• GatoCat
    GatoCat

According to JWs, the ones who respond to their message are "sighing and moaning over the detestable things being done in the earth." Therefore, by JW theology, there are "good people" in the world: all the ones who haven't responded to their message yet.

COMF

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

wisper: i see good people........ they're everywhere.

• ISP
    ISP

The parable of the wheat and the weeds would indicate that good people are all over the place. They are not found in one place like the WTS say.

ISP

• toddy
    toddy

Mother Teresa

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think that the people selling snake oil think that the best people are the ones buying snake oil.

I'm not "selling" anything anymore, and I find there are good people everywhere, and more importantly more good people than bad.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Well I dont think theres any such thing as a good or bad person.
    Everyone is partly good, partly bad. All good people have an evil side.
    I believe everyone is basically good, they just sometimes do bad things.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

There are a lot more "good" people out here in the big bad world than the Dubs would want you to think. I think that there is good in every one of us, as is the potential to do bad, and the individual decides which he/she would rather do. And yes, bad feels good from time to time

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit