Current U.S Federal Judge is a Jehovah Witness... How does this guy not get forced to quit his job and not get in trouble?

by paulmolark 14 Replies latest jw friends

• paulmolark
  • minimus
    minimus
    Great find!!!!! JWs are not supposed to be judges...per the Bible.
  • hoser
    hoser
    The next judge rutherfraud only this guy is a real judge
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    And a future Piosneer
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark
    whats worse is the first article after searching his name is a corruption article LOL
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

Wow he participated in a ton of murder cases with the death penalty hanging over peoples heads?? I find that weird that no one in the congo checked him on this. Then again he probably makes load of money so no one says anything. However I be every single Corrections Officer and Police Officer and Janitor at federal buildings were forced to quit working.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Here is link to an article that appeared just yesterday. The judge is retiring and gonna go pioneering.

http://bigbendnow.com/2015/03/federal-magistrate-to-retire/

There was some iffy stuff last year about him requiring a defendant to write of retraction of her accusations against DEA agents and others as a condition of bail. Some experts think that amounted to coerced speech and was therefore unconstitutional. I don't know how the case turned out, but it sure looks like a judge taking the side of heavy-handed law enforcement regardless of the facts. Some cops let their authority go to their heads and are unnecessarily aggressive, even arrogant and power-crazy. Kinda like some soldiers get blood lust and do whatever they want because they know they can get away with it. Anyway, here's a couple of links to stories on that little dustup from last year.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/daily-post/strange-things-have-happened-recently-alpine-smoke-shop

http://www.bigbendcourier.com/87889

There are other links as well, but you can be down the rabbit hole all day if you try to read them all. I would like the know the outcome, though. Does anyone here have any further updates?

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I can't think of any scriptural grounds for someone not to be a judge. This would be a conscience matter. There are cases of witnesses still being police officers, too, even if it is not very common.

There are witnesses who own guns to hunt as well, although it's not common in the mainstream.

And you can't cherry pick out cases this guy may have presided over to somehow question his who he is. People's lives are not perfect yet somehow we act like all witnesses have to live only one type of life and if they are not perfect they are hypocrites. I personally am a work in progress and view everyone else that way too. I see ex-witnesses sometimes are as judgmental as witnesses and many times look for things to be wrong, because they want it to be that way.

None of us know this guy personally. There are enough bad people that we don’t have to make EVERYONE bad because of our emotional response to every witness.

• Watchtower-Free
  • blondie
    blondie

Deborah was a judge, numerous Jewish men were judges in the OT. Elder bodies consider themselves judges.

" Even when it seems that both sides of a dispute have come to light, it is important to realize that “if anyone thinks he has acquired knowledge of something, he does not yet know it just as he ought to know it.” (1 Cor. 8:2) Do we really know all the details that led up to the dispute? Can we fully understand the backgrounds of the individuals involved? When called upon to judge, how vital it is that elders not let themselves be deceived by falsehood, clever tactics, or rumors! God’s appointed Judge, Jesus Christ, judges righteously. He does not “judge by any mere appearance to his eyes, nor reprove simply according to the thing heard by his ears.” (Isa. 11:3, 4) Rather, Jesus is guided by Jehovah’s spirit. Christian elders likewise have the benefit of being guided by God’s holy spirit.

14 Before they make judgments respecting fellow believers, elders need to pray for the help of Jehovah’s spirit and depend on its guidance by consulting God’s Word and the publications of the faithful and discreet slave class.—Matt. 24:45." The Watchtower (2011) w11 8/15 pp. 27-31

Was this guy a jw when he was a judge or did he just get baptized conveniently when he retired?

Per the WTS jws can work for the government, e.g., Nehemiah did, Joseph did. But no gun carrying, then you do have to get a new job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit