untitled

by iknowall558 1 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES , BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME.

Quote from Nicholas Humphrey :

"Words? Children are made of the words they hear. It matters what we tell them."

"Children, I'll argue, have a human right not to have their minds crippled by exposure to other people's bad ideas—no matter who these other people are. Parents, correspondingly, have no god-given licence to enculturate their children in whatever ways they personally choose: no right to limit the horizons of their children's knowledge, to bring them up in an atmosphere of dogma and superstition, or to insist they follow the straight and narrow paths of their own faith."

"In short, children have a right not to have their minds addled by nonsense. And we as a society have a duty to protect them from it. So we should no more allow parents to teach their children to believe, for example, in the literal truth of the Bible, or that the planets rule their lives, than we should allow parents to knock their children's teeth out or lock them in a dungeon."

I think this guy gives food for thought.......Is the WTBTS providing an "intellectual dungeon for the children " among them ? Are their words harmful ?

• iknowall558

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit