I enjoyed life as a JW

by Luo bou to 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Life was comfortable familiar sense of belonging.. brotherhood..direction..meaning..save the world etc. So why don't I go back? I don't trust Mother(Org )any more.. she is a cruel egocentric lying bitch incapable of loving anyone but herself. She even turned my wife and family against me convincing them that I was the scum of the earth because I didn't agree with her.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
    But he knew it wouldn't last.
    Jojo left his home in tucson, arizona
    For some california grass.
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged.
    Get back jojo. go home
    Get back, get back.
    Back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back.
    Back to where you once belonged.
    Get back jo.

Sweet loretta martin thought she was a woman
    But she was another man
    All the girls around her say she's got it coming
    But she gets it while she can
    Get back, get back.
    Get back, get back.
    Get back loretta. go home
    Get back, get back.
    Get back, get back.
    Get back loretta
    Your mother's waiting for you
    Wearing her high-heel shoes
    And her low-neck sweater
    Get on home loretta
    Get back, get back.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yea, I really enjoyed being told what to do, giving up some of my favorite music, having to be out in field circus all day when I had better things to do, and going to every boasting session no matter what. Sure sounds like a lot of fun. Also, the joys of having a headache after a boring a$$embly, and wasting the time going to the Grand Boasting Session. Not to mention the wild good time of passing a plate of crackers and a glass of spoiled grape juice.

• Colton
    Colton
    I don't trust Mother(Org )any more.. she is a cruel egocentric lying bitch incapable of loving anyone but herself. She even turned my wife and family against me convincing them that I was the scum of the earth because I didn't agree with her.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

• RR
    RR

I guess that was the difference between you and Wizard, ... I have a problem with authority. I kept all my books, all my music. In fact me and a few bethelites listened to Heavy Metal regularly, even went to a few concerts. If I didn't listen to my fleshly mother, why would I listen to Mother Borg?

I don't regret being a JW, and I certainly don't regret leaving either. It was an experience to say the least!

RR

• musky
    musky

"She even turned my wife and family against me convincing them that I was the scum of the earth because I didn't agree with her.'

Well, that stinks. Just hang in there o.k.? I guess all you can do is continue to show your family lots of love, and give them logical answers as to why you feel the Watchtower is not the "truth". Hopefully time will show them where the real truth is and is not.

• Spook
    Spook

I did enjoy many aspects of my JW life. I had many many friends as a young man and was very popular. This didn't apply to everybody. I really tore up the midwest in the early 2000's. Of course, there were huge sacrifices which I don't think were worth it at all. When I realized it wasn't true, there was no longer any value in sacrifice.

Then again, I would have been just as popular at school as I was with JW's if I hadn't alienated everyone by being a stupid screw!

On the serious side, the psychological solution for the "belonging need" is to form individual identity. Those raised as JW's will often suffer from a lack of individual identity.

• oompa
    oompa

lou...i really know what you mean.......and i was popular.....and i miss my friends so much......i wish they were real friends like in the WORLD!!!.....oompa

btw...there was a world wide bruddahood.....i experienced it many times in world travel as i love to do that.....and i liked the comraderedie (sp)........but damm!...that was a small club..and now......we are even in a smaller club!...the exdub world..........thank gore for the internet!.......lol.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit