Have you ever had someone shun you and issue you an apology later?

by asilentone 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • viva
    viva

No, but I have been on the other end. Now that I am out I have contacted a few DFed people I used to know and apologized for abandoning them.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Me neither, but considering I live on an island and am shunned every day, I expect one day someone I know will wake up and apologise. Not holding my breath though.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

About 10 years ago, I shunned a friend of mine in typical witness fashion. I can;t remember EXACTLY how I did it, but I leveled some sort of criticism towards him for the way he "wasn't". He defended himself saying that he believed god would judge his heart, and I can still remember how unmoved I was by this. Immediate dismissal.

We did see each other here and there - and we even talked a bit, as he was a pretty cool guy. He died 2 years ago while he was at work from a brain aneurism. If he was with us today, I would definitely be giving him a formal apology. No one- especially a friend, deserves to be treated like that.

bah

lurk3r

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No, I've never received an apology...but I have given such an apology.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, when I was still an active, believing jw, elder's wife, and regular pioneer. And when I approached them to find out what I had done to offend them so deeply, they refused to talk to me. They did talk to another jw who ran to me to tell me the error of my ways only to find out that they had the wrong person. Evidently their sources confused me with another person. Did they stop shunning........no, and definitely did not apologize.

Blondie

• cluless
    cluless

No, but Iam working on it.

Actually I knocked on the door of a witness couple who were shunning a girl. I pointed it was making her suisidal and It would be there responsibilty.

To the congregations credit the congregation stopped shunning her. How long this has lasted is a question that interests me.

Clueless.

• cluless
    cluless

asilentone.

I really enjoy your posts. I rememberd when you joined the board some questiond if your stories were true. I admire you sticking it out. If I may say you have also questiond some posters.

With the greatest respect is this not a form of shunning? Anyway I have really enjoyed many of your insightful contributions and thought provoking questions.

Clueless

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    No, I've never received an apology...but I have given such an apology.

Same here.

BTS

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I've received apologies from some who lied about me and got away with blue murder. I've heard deathbed confessions from the kingpin elder who canned me. I've heard confessions from elders about me, relayed to my family. But I have never received an apology from any elder living or dead. 20 years of exile, or shall we call it a prison sentence, that could have been a death sentence.

It has consumed my existence, and forced me to carry a cross. An apology, with 10 million dollars is more like it. At this point an apolgy from these fools, is a mockery of my existence. Worthy of knocking a few teeth out by any standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit