Do you have chronological Bible reading schedulle?

by Albert Einstein 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

My "apostate" friend recomended me to start chronological reading of NT with my still zealous wife, to help her to see WTBS and JW system does not fit to how christians in the first century were organized. He said to find chronologial reading schedulle is easy on the internet. I did try, but not succesfully. Have you got something like this?

Thanks

Albert

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I have a NIV 1 year Chronological Bible. Very nice extras in it, timeline,transition statements, dates, etc. 20$ Us, bought it for half on line.

• I quit!
    I quit!

If she is willing to do it I'd say go for it. However I think most Witness won't have any spiritual fellowship with anyone who isn't following the Watchtower. I aslo don't think you will be able to get a JW to put the Watchtower publications to one side and read only the Bible. Years ago when I suggested to my wife that she put the Watchtower books aside and read the only the Bible and see what she comes up with she replied "I'd probably wind up like you". Right after she said that she realized what she had said and tried to retract it. I think deep inside Witnesses know that they only get WT beliefs from reading the Bible through Watchtower glasses. In fact the Watchtower has stated on several occasions that if you read the Bible without their intructions you will fall into darkness.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Lots of reading plans here

Reading Plans

Also if you like the English Standard Version some more here

Devotions

I am using this one

One-Year Tract Bible Reading Plan

I press the button and let it read to me and follow in the text :)

There are some audio bibles on the first link too

I recommend whatever you do, to not just start at Genesis and try to reach Revelation! Some do it but many give up that way.

The reading plans are good because they mix it up, New Testtament, Old Testament etc.

Whatever you do, make sure you get your spiritual bread as often as you can :)

Matthew 4:4 (New International Version)

4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

All the best,

Stephen

• middleman
    middleman

My schedule is to read as much as I can every day and take notes of things that stood out to me. Recently, (December) I started reading in Acts, hoping to read the entire Bible in a year...so far I've made it to 1 Samuel. I think I can get there.

Blessings...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit