Watching the Clock

by The Berean 7 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

Do JWs frequently report more time devoted to their ministry than actually spent perhaps for image reasons or to keep other PEOPLE happy?

• lostjdub93
    lostjdub93

i remember as a kid bro's and sis counting time out to lunch, or just sitting in a parking lot gossiping. all i could think is im missing sat morning cartoons dang it.

• crapola
    crapola

I would think so.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

YES! It's all about keeping up appearances, I should know, I was guilty as charged officer.....

We have a mix of rural and suburban territory ( I say we, though I no longer go), during Auxillary pioneer months, car loads will go from a suburban r/v to a rural one maybe 40 minutes away, loiter around, have a coffee then return to another suburban r/v then even back to a rural one, just for the sake of "putting in a big day for Jehovah".

The last time I was an auxillary pioneer, I stopped going out halfway during the month and said to my wife how corrupt it is, I couldnt do it anymore as it wasn't heartfelt service.... Still put down the 50 hours on the report though....... From that time till I faded, I rarely put a report in even if I did go out. Putting in a report is such a wank.....

Mattieu.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Y E S.

Next question.... :-)

• AlexHall
    AlexHall

Yes. It´s eaiser and more rewarding to write down several hours done, instead of the 30 min you actually spent ministaring

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

One hour really did feel like ten

• carla
    carla

"One hour really did feel like ten"-- No one should feel guilty for lying on the time card, you simply mixed up how long it felt with actual time in minutes! easy mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit