HOLY SPIRIT! WHO IS IT RESTING UPON TODAY?

by Bill Parker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Is the Holy Spirit confined to just one group of individuals today, to the exclusion of all others? Must all submit to an organization that claims that they are the only ones who have been anointed with that spirit? That they are the only ones who understand and can teach the Bible, that outside of that arrangement no one can learn the Bible. That “we must listen to them as though we were listening to the voice of God.” When one weighs those statements with the Bible what final conclusion about the organization that makes that claim can be drawn?

Was the Holy Spirit a possession of only the followers of Christ in the first century? Was the Holy Spirit confined to a tight knit body of believers back then?

Notice the following statement taken from the January 7th 1973 Watchtower page 402. … “Jehovah’s organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God’s holy spirit or active force.” Then it says: “Under the influence of Gods holy spirit, you can share in this grand work of finding, welcoming and educating those who will become fellow praisers of Jehovah.”

So we see from this that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s witnesses are the only ones with the Holy Spirit on them. According to their own statements. They are the ones doing the teaching through their various publications. The Watchtower being their” principle teaching instrument”. Those they instruct in turn teach others using the Society’s publications.

Now we know from scripture that through the laying on of the hands the gifts of the spirit were imparted to others. Since those gifts were done away with, by what means did the governing body receive that gift today? If indeed they did receive it? Of necessity it would have had to be poured out only on them. Does the Bible support that idea? Does it support the idea that the various publications of this particular religious body are needed to teach the Bible? That there is no other way to learn the Bible? We will see that, that is not true!

The Apostle Peter showed clearly by his discourse in Acts 2: 1 – 21 that the Holy Spirit at that time was poured out on all flesh. He quoted from Joel 2: 28, 29. That was true at that time. Anyone who wished could receive that Spirit at that time. But the prophecy in Joel pointed ahead to the last days of this system of things. IT would be poured out on all mankind, not just a few men gathered together in Brooklyn New York, and not just on various religious organizations. All mankind was now included, the entire world over.

Acts 3; 19; 26:20 Show what first must be done in order to receive that Holy Spirit. Once that is accomplished the real principle teaching instrument begins to take over. That coupled with the Bible which contains the inspired messages of God; and is” beneficial for teaching for reproving for setting things straight” one begins to take in accurate knowledge. {2 Timothy 3: 16}

In 1 Timothy 4:15 the Apostle Paul made it very clear what teaching instrument to use in order for one to become fully versed in scripture. He never directed attention to his or anyone else’s scriptural reasoning’s. This “Faithful Slave” directed attention to only the Bible. Students were to meditate and ponder over that book alone. {John 14:26}

As they did that Jehovah would put His” law within them”. He would “write it on their hearts”. This is something no man can do. All the messenger can do is deliver the message. Nothing more. {Jeremiah 31-34.} Verse 34 shows clearly that the teaching in the first century, as is today, is done by no man.

It will be in the finale as Isaiah 54:13 stated; “and all your sons will be persons taught by Jehovah” … {Zechariah 4:6}

There are two anointing’s today. One is for the heavenly calling, those Jehovah selected for that honor to reign with His Son. The others for life on this earth. But all would be taught by Him. They needed no man to teach them. {1 John 2: 27} None of the publications set forth by any religious body today are needed to learn the truth.

None of them have Jehovah’s Spirit on them for teaching. Not one single one!
    Examine the one hundred year’s of the failed prophecies of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Examine the every changing teachings. It all clearly shows that Jehovah’s Spirit is not there to do teaching. They will not allow it to be there. Those who may possess this Spirit among them are told that they are “independent thinkers.” These are quickly gotten rid of. If it were, there would have been no failed prophecies, no changing teachings. No incorrect interpretations of scripture are even possible. {1 John 2: 21} {Titus 1: 2} Hebrews 6: 18}

The Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2: 1-12 foretold a composite man of Lawlessness who would” seat himself in the Temple of God professing himself to be God” … Jesus also foretold a religion on the earth in our time period that would be teaching so close to the truth they would “mislead if possible even the chosen one’s” … {Matthew 24: 24}

The only religious body on this earth right now that fits those descriptions is the Governing Body of Jehovah’s witnesses.

Try as anyone might to explain it away it cannot be done. They are a self exalted, self appointed body of men. So they must be brought low by Jehovah in His due time. {Acts 20: 28, 29} fits them right down to the ground. IT also fits their world wide Elder arrangement. It’s all coming down! It is just a matter of time now. {Isaiah 2: 12.}

• Norm
    Norm

Well, hmm, that have to be me I think. I found out long ago that all of their teachings was a load of crap, and they haven't found out yet.

Norm

• Undecided
    Undecided

No, no Norm,

It's got to be YouKnow! He's the only one who knows the financial situation and can predict without error the world's end. Just ask him and you will see I'm right.

Ken P.

• evilchicken
    evilchicken

The only relgious organization that fits this discription.....OH Gawd give me a break. This post is truly pathetic to say the least.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

No, no, sorry gentlemen, but you're wrong; the Holy Spirit is the Rabid Monkey on >MY< back.

Ouch!

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Evilchicken:
    You name the one that is then. I got to hear that one!

• evilchicken
    evilchicken

You cant single out the BotchTower Society for anything. The way I see it all organized religion has failed to prove their source divine. Now can I go back to the hen house and have some fun.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bill

ME! ME! I have it.

Satan of the resting holy spirit class

• GatoCat
    GatoCat

Its laurels?

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Evil chicken:
    Your right about that for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit