Revalations interpritations and shit!

by wary 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wary
    wary

Is the WTBTS explanation of Revalation realistic?

[Apart from the obvious 144K crap and trumpet blasts symbolizing conventions]

Do others have similar beliefs and interpret the wild beast etc similarly or is it unique to them.

Is it a realistic interpritation?

I ask because its all Ive ever been fed.

Thanks in advance you wise ones!

wary

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Hi wary I've just started a post too. "Flashes of sh**te" to highlight the orgs. ridiculous teachings and interpretations. The first one I highlighted was from the book of revelation.

.Rev 14 : 20 This apparently referred to the publishing of the Finished Mystery Book and foretold that the 1600 furlongs represented the distance from where it was written (Scranton, Pennsylvania), to where it was published (WT Headquarters in Brooklyn, NY)... provided you travelled by way of the Lackawana railroad and Hobo Ken's Ferry.

So,,,to answer your question, then NO, their explanation of REV was not realistic then, and prob most of it is not realistic now. The prob with WTBTS is that they have an answer to everything. It is not always the right answer, but they NEED to have an answer of some sort none the less to prove to everyone else that they are the all knowing ones.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

It's a fairly unique eisegesis of Revelation, i give them full marks for originality.

It's silly though, if you interpret Revelation as it was supposed to be interpreted, it makes for more sense, it was most certainly about the time it was written it, there's no remote possibility it had any bearing on today or any future time.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

woooo ! sorry bout that. Don't know how that happened.

• wobble
    wobble

It is interesting how many people felt they had the key to Revelation in the late 19th Centuary,some Commentaries with scholarly input, like E.W. Bullinger's are an interesting read, many are as fancifull as Chuck Russells efforts, and Rutherfords, well almost, and you can see the influence on Russell in the exegetical methodology which is strange to say the least.

I wonder what it was about the mid to late 1800's that caused this upsurge in nutty Bible interpretation? I suppose it was a natural evolution from the higher critisism,from the German scholars and others,that had gone before.

As to its meaning for us today, I think we all find our own way through it, a good method is to say that anything the WT has published on it is wrong and start afresh, and take note of those like Leolaia on here who know whay they are talking about.

Love

Wobble

• Heaven
    Heaven

I've always been fascinated by this book as it is the concluding one in the Bible. I am so confused by what was written here and what is written in the WTS doctrines. The last 4 verses, from the KJV, had quite an impact on me.

Revelation 22:18-21 --

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book;

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He wihich testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

I always like to have a 'first thoughts' or 'first impressions' conversation with myself in my mind. My first thoughts here were:

"It's like God is telling us that he expects this is going to happen"

I believe that the WTS has done just this. What do you think? Heaven

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It is certainly the second most nonsensical and self serving interpretation I have ever seen.

The Finished Mystery wins first prize.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

...am I the only one who was disappointed by this thread? From the thread title, I fully expected to see a red Revelation Climax book with a turd sitting on top.

• wary
    wary

Interesting, thankyou all.

So basically the teachings are similar or the same as Russell taught and he stole them anyway.

I realize it is self rightous and self serving and I will do some research but do other religions have anything similar in their understandings as to the symboligies.

wary

• sspo
    sspo

Any religion that claims to have the right and only interpretation of the book of Revelation are insane.

There are 1000's of books written about the book of Rev. and they have all proven to be a load of crap.

Like many of us that beleived for decades, there will be always suckers to to be misled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit