Does you get reely annoiyed at posta's who start thred's wif typo's in the titel?

by yadda yadda 2 9 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Do you find it annoying and insulting when someone starts a thread with typos in the title? I snort in contempt when I see a new thread started and the poster hasn't even bothered getting the spelling correct in the title, or starts the thread off with a post full of typos and crap grammar. I've found that the more stupid mistakes there are in the title of a thread and in the poster's initial post, the less interesting and worthy of reading is the thread. I'm not going to bother opening them anymore. Call me a grumpy pedant but I don't care.

(Actually I think I've done this once or twice myself so I'm probably a hypocrite, lol)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

whut doo yew meen?

• asilentone
    asilentone

r u alkin bot bdboy?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I generally just pass them by. I agree that it's a sign of a sloppiness and poor thinking habits.

S

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Leave oomps alone, yadda yadda.

• homeschool
    homeschool

ResimayTo hoom it mae cunsern,

I waunt to apply for the job what I saw in the paper.

I can Type realee quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting..

I think I am good on the phone and I no I am a pepole person,
    Pepole really seam to respond
    to me well. Certain men and all the ladies.

I no my spelling is not to good but fi nd that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety.
    My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am werth,

I can start emeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.

hopifuly Yore best aplicant so farr.

Sinseerly,

BRYAN
    PS : Because my resimay is a bit short - below is a pickture of me.
    Employer's response: Dear Bryan ,
    It's OK honey, we've got spell check.
    See you Monday.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Not only do I get bunchy about poor spelling and grammar, excessive punctuation drives me nuts!!!!!

I mean, how many exclamation points does a poster really need to use?!?!?!?!?!?!?

B the XXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

We didn't need school, we had our university education through our awakes!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

sum hair nede to lern 2 spel.

And some of the offenders have had positions of MS and Elder. I guess the magic number is more important than intelligence to lord it over the writhing low class.

Seriously now.......it just goes to show how bad the educational system is today. Whatever happened to reading, writing and arithmetic?

Today it's......."we don't want Johnny and Susie to feel left out. If they think the word good is gud, we don't want to make them to feel bad by telling them they are wrong.".

• cluless
    cluless

I dont find it annoying or insulting that threads are not gramatically correct . I would compare such thinking with the Kingdom Halls dress code.

Oftern the less polished the threat the more honest the post: infact I would prefer posters to post as they speak. For example if you say "me" whwn you speak why write "my" when you write-

I think of all the posters oompas personality comes across best and I really enjoy his posts. They seem from the hearts with walts and all.

I remember a brother with a stutter giving a reading and shaking like a leaf on a tree with sweat dripping from his forehead and a English guy who gave a talk in Swedish nobody understood a word but everyone admired the courage.

People can post on this board who are mentally challenged or have English as a second language. They might be young children posting ect ect.

Clueless

Clueless-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit