Let's Make a Deal

by journey-on 1 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Do you remember that TV game show where you can keep what you have, or trade it in for something behind one of three doors. There might be something great and wonderful worth trading for, or something just so-so, or a booby prize. Your choice.

I think many witnesses who have doubts and genuine concerns about the WTS are afraid to leave because they just don't know what to expect. They might be glad they did because Life turns out to be the great and wonderful prize; but, maybe they will be no better off than they are now; or maybe they will sink into despair and loss of hope.

They are just not willing to take the gamble. Do you think this is so? What were your thoughts along these lines when you were trying to muster up the courage to make the choice? Do you think the literature covertly (or overtly) instills this mentality in them?

• yknot
    yknot

I think more are just choosing to mentally check out of the WTS then feeling the need to 'take a stand' and lose their support structure.

You can sit and take up space enough to keep questions at bay and still live your life privately.

Those married to unbelievers have even more wiggle room.

No one I grew up with believes the WTS is appointed, yet all of us still attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit