J.Ws Society For The Suppression Of Practically Everything.

by cluless 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cluless
    cluless

The most important thing I learnt from being a Jehovers Witness was that I never really learnt anything. I could hold opinions as long as they were not dogmatic against the society:

I may have thought that 2 and 2 equals 4 but I was only allowed to "suspect" this was correct as the society may have shed new-light on this.

Cluless---(But I now no 2 and 2 equals 4.

• garybuss
    garybuss

A sage I sat with once told me that the best thing to know is what I don't know. He said the best deals in life have been the bad deals I got out of.

I found that my brain is like a muscle, the more I use it the stronger it gets. Once I spent two solid months just working numbers. My job was item cost accounting and I did it all without a calculator. Then the vice president of the company I worked for taught me the trick of spotting an error in a spreadsheet after he found an error on mine in about one minute. I wanted to know how he did it.

I found that language is everything. My brain is limited by my vocabulary and by understanding the concepts that the word definitions stand for. When I get stuck, I take my problem to a person I trust who's first language is not English. I found logic problems are quickly solved in the German and Polish languages. If I want a lesson in respect I'd pick a Laos national.

French Canadians have the driest humor of anybody I've ever seen. I just love them.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They use mental controls by using subjective fear, it works and not just on the JWS, there are many organizations that use this type of mental

regulation. They deem themselves the master and the rest as the obedient slave.

• cluless
    cluless

Thanks for the interesting post Gary.

• cluless
    cluless

Thanks for the reply Homerovah.

I always found the elders to seriouse to take seriously-

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's all a lie. You "learn" the story about how man lost paradise and is soon to be gaining it back. You "learn" things that are supposedly to happen shortly (for the past 130 years). And you "learn" that you are supposed to waste all your time in field circus, and any activity that could take time is banned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit