JW & Child Molestation

by crochunter 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• crochunter
    crochunter

I don't really understand this topic. Do you really believe the WTBS covers up child molestation? I haven't read the specific accusations, but I seriously doubt that there would be a organizational "unstated" rule that child molestors are allowed.

Are you sure this isn't a random event, that it is, it happened once or twice and the WTBS critics jump all over it, much like someone would demonize their enemy?

Again, I don't know the facts, but I find it hard to believe that people, people, even if they are JW, would allow child molestation.

Croc.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Get a Watchtower cd-rom and read some of this crap for yourself.

Jehovah's witnesses have always claimed to be 'special' and 'different'. Well, they certainly are.

no other religion REQUIRES convicted child molesters--some who haven't even finished their criminal court cases-to go to people's doors.

Well, the public has had enough.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

I suggest that you look at the Silentlambs web page, theres a link at the bottom of this page

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hunter,

Silentlambs don't give you all the facts. Plus, there are many loop holes in his posts.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I was only in the org for 6 years, and I meet 4 people in one city that had been molested by elders or members of the congregation that were still active and in good standing. One elder had been reproved and removed from his duties, but not disfellowhshipped. These girls and women had to live with this forever, and she these men that raped them at every meeting....How awful is that? Yes there is molestation in other religions, but JW are the only ones that maintain they are the only way, and yet all this hypocrisy. It is absolutely disgusting...

• metatron
    metatron

You must understand the priority here - it's the organization
    above everything and everyone else. Laws, principles - even
    common decency have no meaning when preservation of the
    Watchtower organization is all important.

I know first hand - they don't care - except if there's
    a chance of getting sued. Elders covered up, lied, and
    deceived me and my family. All the evidence was there
    and they did nothing. Looking back on my years at Bethel,
    I shouldn't have been surprized - there is no crime or
    sin YOU CAN IMAGINE that they wouldn't cover up - if they
    feel they can get away with it. I'm not kidding around
    here.

metatron

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Crochunter,

You are right to question the veracity of the position many of us take with respect to child molestation and the WTS. You really need to probe into the subject and decide for yourself if this is a big deal or not.

One of the things I find distrubing is that for years the WTS has capitalized on reports coming out of other church groups, especially the Roman Catholic Church, that have exposed pedophiles and used these incidents to "prove" that they were the only clean organization. This just is not true. The problems the WTS has with pedophiles amongst their leadership shows that they are just as polluted with unclean people as any other church organization.

As to the WTS organization specifically sanctioning child molesters and allowing them to remain "elders" or members on some other level I can only this: whether they intend to protect the molesters or not (which is obviously the case when the perp is a high-profile member) their policies, as carried out by the leadership, do tend to protect those guilty of unspeakable acts against innocent children. What difference does it make if there is not some 'stated rule' when the actual result of following Society policy covers up the crime and allows for absolutely no comfort or therapy for the abused?

If you are just beginning to visit this board you may not know the basic tenor of some of the participants. I urge you to take your time and read for while. After doing this you will get an idea of who is and who isn't using "loopholes" and deception to color this topic.

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit