Public Stoning

by cameo-d 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In reading Witnessoo7 thread, I wondered this.

If two names are announced as DF'd, even though the DF might be for separate infractions, aren't people going to "assume" that the reason is because of some immoral association between the two people announced?

If more than one name is announced as DF'd at a meeting, is it not suspect that all names mentioned are in cahoots of "associated sin" ?

Has it ever happened in your hall where two names were announced as DF'd and people assumed they had "sinned together" and it turned out to be DF'd for 2 non-related "sins"?

Has DF'ing ever caused untrue hurtful gossip for someone because of the way it was announced or other people's names announced at the same time?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Bro was disfellowshiped and the Sis was reproved and lost her Pioneer status....since the Cong. may know whats going on they had to anounce the reprove at the sametime I guess.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    If two names are announced as DF'd, even though the DF might be for separate infractions, aren't people going to "assume" that the reason is because of some immoral association between the two people announced?

In my experience it wouldn't matter. There's enough gossiping that even if the announcements were separate, somebody would likely come up with a possibility of a connection....a week later it would become a probability....and then in another week it would be a certainty. sammieswife.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

But I am thinking of two (or more) people announced at the same time for different reasons that have nothing to do with each other.

Has it ever happened like this where the cong drew conclusions that were not valid...because of the way it was announced?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Disfellowshipping is not done lightly. Two people being announced on the same night is highly unlikely, but if it did happen, I'm sure in private conversations, the question as to whether the two were related or not would be cleared up by elders on the j.c.

But, this still won't keep the gossip hounds at bay. It's a favorite pasttime of JWs.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would like to be anounced disfellowshiped on the same night as two other sexy sisters so the whole Congregation thinks I'm a stud!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Give them a break, gossiping is the only fun they get.

Just after I quit going to my hall, I happend to be selling a house, and apparently a witness couple took a tour of the house. I was newly married at the time, and my wife and I left the house while the agent showed the property.

Three weeks later, I get a call from a witness friend that was also a bit on the fence, but still going to meetings. Apparently, the witness couple had told everyone what they saw about me and my sinner ex-wife... We kept a sex swing permanently installed upstairs, we had closets full of lingerie, and we kept bowls of colorful condoms laying around.

That report was somewhat desperate... the 'sex swing' was a "Sky Chair" - also known as a 'hammock', the "colorful condoms" was literally a bowl of candy, and the lingerie was... lingerie. Not sure what's so shocking about a newly wed couple owning lingerie (or how that's the congragation's business.)

But you know what? Let them have their fun. I was a newlywed and having lots of fun disregarding watchtower standards about sex... I think I came out ahead in the deal.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Cameo-d, I know of an instance where 3 people were announced dfd or reproved on the same night and there was no relation. You are right, most expected it was because of something they were all involved in, but it was separate infractions.

It kept the jws gossiping for a while.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's good to announce several DFings and reprovings at the same time. It can liven up the rest of the congregation's masturbatory fantasies.

W

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

HintofLime,

LOL! A classic JW experience! You quit going to the meetings and instantly fell into a life of debauchery and sin!

What would they do without these fantasies about ex-JW life? They might be tempted to quit themselves, that's what. IMO they are secretly jealous and resentful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit