Does anyone know of the religious story like this one.

by verystupid77 8 Replies latest jw friends

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I have been asked to forgive someone that I just cannot forgive. I was sent this by any elder I guess to make me forgive. I know that it is a religious story that was made into a JW one. Does anyone out there have the original one, I would love to have it. Thanks.vs77

The art of forgiveness

Here is an experience that is good to meditate on
    It talks about a young 22 yr old pioneer brother that was out in service.

He went to a door and the householder showed irritation at his presence.

The man told him to wait and he came back armed and shot the brother.

The brother died there. During his trial, the man said that he hated Jehovah's Witnesses and had warned that he would kill the first person to knock on his door.

The man was found guilty and was sentenced to prison. Years later he was released and went back to live in the same house. The brothers in
    the congregation were warned and avoided preaching at that house.

But there was a brother that desired to visit that house again. He was advised against it, but he insisted and was given permission to visit the house.

The brother figured that time spent in prison had changed the man. So he went to the murderers home. The man was very surprised to see him
    and asked him if he knew that he had killed a witness before. The brother said he did know and this surprised the man. He was curious to know
    the kind of man capable of knocking on his door so he invited the brother in and a Bible study was started.

The months passed and the truth became clear to the man. He came to know a God capable of forgiving even the most serious sins. His spiritual progress was evident, but at the invitation of attending the Kingdom Hall, the man declined. He said he couldn't go to the Hall if the parents of the young brother he had killed were not able to forgive him also. The brother told him, "It's not necessary.

Jehovah has forgiven you. He doesn't keep account of what you did before you knew the truth." Even so, the man was reluctant to accept the invitation to the Hall. He insisted in needing the forgiveness from the father of the young brother he had killed.

Otherwise he would not go to the Hall. The brother asked him, "Do you really need that? Do you really need the father of the young man to forgive you?"

When the man told him he did, the brother said to him, "Consider yourself forgiven because I am the father of that young man you killed." Today, both are serving in the same congregation and yearn for the day when Jehovah will bring back to life that young man in the resurrection. The discourse concluded shortly after this, showing the value of genuine forgiveness. Certainly that experience touched the hearts of all that heard it. It's difficult, but not impossible, the art of forgiveness.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Never heard that one. Hope I never hear it again.

• flipper
    flipper

VERY STUPID - The elder who sent you this was being very passive/aggressive towards you. He is trying to " guilt " you into forgiving something in a person by using an EXTREME example of an " alleged " incident. There is no way to even know if the story he sent you is real or fabricated. Witnesses often make these " urban legend " stories up to prove their points - just to promote more mind control over us. I think that's what this elder is doing- promoting more mind control and trying to make you feel guilty for something you shouldn't feel guilty about at all

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Sounds familiar , but not as a Jw story.

Blithe

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Thanks flipper.

There was really two reasons I wanted to put this on the thread was one I was really hopping someone might know the real story and second I wanted everyone to know the stupid sfuff that is going around the Wittnesses world.

To me it is just mind blogling how crazy this all is. I will talk with you latter Flipper. But this is deffently a cult. And a very scarry one at that.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

What was the state this happened in?

Was the "brother" alone or with someone?

Who called the police after the shooting?

What caused the man to be so violent in the first place?

To whom did he issue the initial warning to?

Was it the elders of the congregation?

Did they inform the rank & file publishers?

How many years later was he released?

What was the study book used?

What was the truth the man discovered?

Does anybody else think this is just a made up story?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe A GB M wrote it before he came over to our side!!!

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

LC

Good points I never thought of. I shot back to the elder that this was just a stupid religious story that was flooting around have not head back from him. Wonder why?

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else might have any ideas. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit