Which one will the Holy Spirit choose?

by outofthebox 6 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Let's say that you go to the ministry all the time and spend more than 10 hours a month. Heck! You expend 40 hours a month. You are also male. But, you always forget to report your time. On the other hand this other brother is super lazy in the ministry but lies in the monthly report. He reports 10 to 13 hours each month... so...

Which one will the Holy Spirit will choose to become an elder? What are your experiences?

ootb

• Robdar
    Robdar

Neither.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

They'll choose the better brown noser...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Neither.

All the best,

Stephen

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Whichever one gets suggested when the BOE convenes. In other words, whoever is well-liked. Then they'll debate on why or why not they should be chosen. My dad went through something like this. He was suggested as a MS, but a few of the elders didn't think he should be one because his service time was lacking. My dad is 53 years old and works full time so that my mom can pioneer. So the time is getting put in somehow. But, they didn't think he was a candidate because of that. My dad is probably the most down-to-earth person and if I really approached him in the future about leaving, I think he would listen to me. But not right now. He is going to have to see a lot more for himself before he is ready.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Whichever one puts in the beter report, is the better public speaker, gives the best answers, always does his little assignments properly like being the literature servant or microphone attendant, etc....ie, whichever one best carries out the works program of the Society.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Depends on the deciding authority (head elder?) who claims the HS is "channeling" through him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit