Two dying persons: Who will be saved?

by outofthebox 7 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Let's say there are two persons just about to die:

A very bad person that at the last minute repents and says: "I believe in God now!" and...

A very nice person that at the last minute realizes there is no God and says: "I am an atheist now"...

Which one will go to Paradise Earth(TM)?

OOTB - AKA Elder on the run!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Both.

Acts 17:31 He has set a day when the entire human race will be judged and everything set right. And He has already appointed the Judge, confirming Him before everyone by raising Him from the dead."

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Well it is not our place to judge, that is up to Jesus to decide our everlasting fate.

However, IMHO the answer is neither. Only those who are born again are "imperishable" or spiritually alive.

John 3:3-8 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

4 "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

1 Peter 1:23-25 (New International Version)

23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,
    "All men are like grass,
    and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
    the grass withers and the flowers fall,

25 but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you.

All the best,

Stephen

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The one that just took a huge hit of Morphine will see "Paradise." .........................wow thats an very truthful deep answer to your question!

• Chalam
    Chalam

To answer the question even better, try here.

Joel 2:32 (New International Version)

32 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the LORD will be saved

So who is that LORD, "Jehovah"? No, wrong answer, Paul tells us

Romans 10:9-13 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

All the best,

Stephen

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

my gut tells me that the atheist will be saved - he reminds me of the criminal who said to Jesus "remember me when you get to your kingdom and Jesus replied I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise"

edit: oops sorry that should read "I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise"

• snowbird
    snowbird

WT think kicks in unexpectedly, hey QL?

My closest workmate said essentially the same thing as you did.

Sylvia

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

It will be the person with the most hours in service. This is not rocket science!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit