Daughter has to go to a KH meeting to see what is going on....

by cawshun 9 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

My daughter told my husband that she and her husband have to go to a meeting tomorrow night to find out what is going on. It sounds like the KH in my town and the KH in the next town may merge.

I have heard others on here talk about how low attendance is causing neighboring halls to meet in one hall. This would be good news for me, especially if my daughter will have to attend in the next town. She won't be thrilled with that. Hopefully more JW's are leaving or at least not showing up for meetings.

I am thinking the good new's of the internet is spreading and will save more lives!

• oompa
    oompa

dream on it depends on where u live.........we are slammed full here..............oompa

• cawshun
    cawshun

Come on Oompa, let me dream....

• viva
    viva

I know of a couple halls in Iowa that have combined or are goning to combine. It is a real hardship on the people there too because the towns are so far away.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Thanks for the reply viva, the more difficult to attend the better, might discourage some jw's. I am still dreaming

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Anything that can interfere with meeting attendance is good. My son had to work out of town for several weeks this winter and missed meetings. He has been showing signs of independant thinking ever since! Never lose hope.

Blithe

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I only wish there would be some merging around where I live. At last count, there are exactly the same number of congregations of Jehovah's Witlesses in my area as there were when I first joined the cancer (I check the phone book, and sure enough there are the same number). Now, if only the boasting session attendance would sink into the single digits--alas, most of the witlesses that were in there when I joined are still active and going strong.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Blithe, I won't give up hope, I think the young jw's are to much into the internet and they will do the research, especially if they have any doubts about the WT especially the education thing.

Wizard, I do think most of the older jw's will cling to what they have been taught, however, I don't think the younger generation will buy into a lot of the BS.

Thanks for the response

• iceguy
    iceguy

Cawshun I think the internet has already done some damage as the JW's have the worst retention of born in's, nearly 70%. Also the fact that they are having trouble getting brothers to reach out, which to me is the real reason for eliminating the book study, makes it easier for the elders and ms servants.

• cawshun
    cawshun

iceguy, I think your right. I just happened to look up jw's belief on birthday's and it led me to this web page. I have learned much more here. I think a lot of jw's will just want to look up a paticticular belief they don't quit understand and that search will lead them here or to other sights that expose the WT. Thank Goodness for the internet and sights like this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit