Out of 6 Million JWs....

by cameo-d 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

How many millions are aged 95 and over?

If they were born in 1914 they would be 95, so chances are they didn't actually hear to comprehend that "Millions now living will never die".

It could be a stretch, but possibly a 5 year old could have heard and comprehended the message. They would be 100 yr. old.

But just to cut WT some slack, we will go with age 95 and above.

So how many JW millions left in that age range, folks?

Do you think this is beginning to sink in with older JWs at all?

• Decided
    Decided

Haven't you heard of the new light? A generation is not those individuals who were born in 1914 but a society that lives a certain way. I think it was revealed in 1995. Those millions who were living back then didn't really die, they are spiritually alive now.

Ken P.

• Chalam
    Chalam

How can they be spiritually alive if the dead are "conscious of nothing" as they teach?!

The whole WT doctrine is corrupt at its core as are the hearts of the GB.

Regards,

Stephen

• Satanus
    Satanus

'chances are they didn't actually hear to comprehend that "Millions now living will never die".'

No, it won't sink in. The faithful jw hears and thinks only what the wt has most recently told them to think and hear and speak. They are programmed to not run ahead or go back into the past from what the wt corp is currently babbling.

S

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

No, no, no...the latest 'current truth' is that the generation is all the anointed remnant living in these last days, which was actually a reversion to current truth taught by Pastor Russell about 100 years ago. And you can add to that some more latest current truth that the calling of the anointed (the generation) did not end in 1935. How blessed we are to receive such fine spiritual food at the right time.

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

"Do you think this is beginning to sink in with older JWs at all?"

My dad was born in 1914 and died this January. He would have been 95 later this year. He never even considered the WTS had deceived him in any way. I never heard him say anything about all the changes in doctrine. When I visited and it was the day of the book study he would sit at the dining room table cutting and gluing all the changes to his Revelation book.

Such a sad sight to see a man that was so stubborn about some things to be totally under the control of an organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit