Is WTS Behind Stalking, Espisonage and Harrassment of Ex-JWs?

by Scott77 57 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

I agree with steve paranoia rules, even if some elders have taken it on themselves to get proof of infidelity so a spouse can get a scriptural divorce etc these are clearly few and far between. I never saw any evidence of this in fact as a witness elders simply don't have the time for these shinigans in between preparing for meetings and other duties. Most elders I knew were dedicated very busy men. I often wonder if some ex-elders on here are simply that because they were 'burned out' because it is hard work being an Elder.

Can any ex-elders confirm on here how busy they were and if they had time to stalk etc?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Reniaa, I was not an elder but I did overhear a conversation between two ministerial servant laying out plans on surveying sister so and so's house. As far as your stating that elders don't have the time please realize that disfellowshipping is one percent per annum according to Watchtower statistics. That averages to one per congregation with an average of 100 publishers. They have to make the time in order to follow the two witness rule.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

reniaa

Perhaps you should read Crisis of Conscience to see how Ray Franz was stalked - and it had nothing to do with marital fidelity issues

• Scott77
    Scott77

I have already ordered this book by Ray Franz including his other book. I cannot wait to read about this humble, down-to-earth man.By and large,the bible does encourages us to truely examine all writting if they are true or not. Nowhere does it says this cruitiny is only limited to all organisations except the WTBS.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hundreds of stories have been documented.

Like Amazing said, I think it is mostly the choice of the local elders, not at the direction of headquarters....but you have to admit the Flock book encourages them to "gather proof".

Sometimes the estranged spouse asks for help gathering proof of adultery to free him/herself from the marriage.

Reniaa, you're right, the wts is never behind it.

The wts sent elders to my house, 17 years after I left the borg, with my letter to wts in hand. The letter asked them to not come to my house anymore. They admitted the letter said that and stated point blank that the society sent them to my house anyway.

Denial, reniaa. It's not just a river in Egypt.

Keep thinking. You'll eventually free your mind of the implanted thoughts.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I don't spend money on ex-Jw books written by ones with axes to burn they are just personal viewpoint, subjective opinion based fodder.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Quite frankly I don't think you would believe an exjw even if they were right in your face. Pointless really but then we really don't have to prove anything to you.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What on earth is your purpose for visiting this forum even once, let alone repeatedly, reniaa? Please answer and don't ignore this question.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If all elders who were spying on people's lives apparently believed as do the governing body of JW, that they are lead by "Holy Spirit" as to their conduct including stalking, as we to believe that WTBS is truely being a 'spirit-directed organisation' as it always claim to be? I strongly beliee this is a serious food for thought. Please, think of people whose lives have suffered ireparable

The problem is that while you may label it as stalking they (for the most) are doing what they are told by the society to do - keep the congregation clean. I recall a couple of Elders upon hearing that a sister and her boyfriend (she was a JW but he was not) were spending the nights together, felt obligated to stake out her house just to be sure the story they were told was true. Sure enough, the boyfriend showed up in the evening, lights out and the Elders left. They returned the next morning just as the boyfriend was leaving the house to confront the sister. When they contacted the Society to find out if the grounds were there for disfellowshipping, they were ripped for not staying there all night to watch the house and make it an absolute case.

I'm sure there are stories after stories about this sort of stuff still going on.....sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Can any ex-elders confirm on here how busy they were and if they had time to stalk etc?

It isn't a matter of time, it was a matter of conviction. Upholding the 'cleanliness' of the organization is part of the responsibility of an Elder. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit