TIS THE SEASON......for depression

by DazedAndConfused 7 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

When I came in here a couple of months ago I didn't see a lot of conflict (a little, not a lot) but I am noticing, as I have in other boards through the years, that the closer we all get to Christmas the more people are bickering. Take a moment to think about what may or may not be happening here.

Remember that it has been stated that this time of the year is stressful and THE MOST depressing time of year for many. Most suicides occur at this time of year.

Most individuals are people that have grown up celebrating Holidays, this is a normal thing in their live's......no guilt trips, no trying to hide from family or friends,....etc. As ex-JW's the strain is very high for reasons just mentioned. This is not an easy thing for any of us to handle.

So I am asking that everyone remember that even if we don't feel the stress/depression (or do but don't realise it) others do. I have celebrated the Holidays for almost 12 years but only this year is it a known fact with my family and friends. Even with that, I still feel stressed/depressed/guilty. Please, please ease up on others. This is not an easy thing right now for many.

Happy Holidays to All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• logical
  • more2C
    more2C

((((DazedandConfused))))

Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. We all have our good and bad days. Hope you will have many more good days.

Happy Holidays
    more2C

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Actually I am feeling great. For the most part I don't have the guilt/depression but it does happen a bit. But despite that I am feeling very good.

The point of this thread was to try and make people realise that we are all going through some tough times and I would love to see more people try to show compassion towards others.

• joelbear
    joelbear

So far I'm having a great holiday season. Been spending time with Mitch and friends. Have most of my presents bought.

The house is warm and inviting.

I'm having a New Year's Eve party at my house with my friends.

Life is good.

Joel

• more2C
    more2C

I am releived to hear that you and Joel are both doing well. I reread your original post, Dazed and Confused and I must of missed some points. I think we could all use the many reminders that you had wrote about. I'm sorry, please excuse me for the mix-up.

Tis the Season...to be Jolly....Fa La La La La...

More2C

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

No need to apologise. Before you had posted that I had reread the post and wondered if some would think what you did. No one up to that point had replied to it so I thought that it was going to be another dead thread. haha. I am beginning to wonder why not many reply to my threads or why threads die after I post in them. hmmm....

Anyway, thank you for posting. And I hope you have a great Christmas.

Joel, great to hear that you and Mitch are haveing a good Holiday season also. BTW, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!! I went to your site and came away seeing things that I wished I hadn't. LOLOL

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Some get depression around the Holidays because they succumb to the pressures of society. We need to Forget all that and remember what Christmas is all about (and I don't mean the Solstice). Remember our Savior, remember what he did for us, love him as he loves you. Celebrate his Birth even if it's the wrong date, pray to him, and talk to him like he's your best friend. Why? Because he IS your best friend. If money becomes an issue and a cause for stress, don't worry, because it doesn't cost a dime to have a relationship with the messiah, that's the Beauty of it all!

RevMalk's 2 cents!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit