Anyone Have Any good Or Weird Home Book Study Stories?

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I have a lot of them but this one my wife told me takes the cake!

My wife was about 15 yrs old and was attending the bookstudy at this sister's house. The sister's hubby was a non-believer but her daughter was a jw and was married to my wife's uncle who was also a jw. The study had been at this home for over a year and things were pretty normal for jw's anyways.

Until

Until one evening when the bookstudy was into the 2nd half and the sister's unbelieving mate came home drunk. He went to the back of the house and it was quiet for a moment then he started hollering for his wife to go back there with him. Well, she went back there to shut the door and tell him to stfu and then she returned to her seat. Well about a minute later the guy came out wearing only his wife-beater tee shirt and nothing else. He steps out from the hallway with a semi rigid dingus dripping prostate secretion fluid. This produced a horrifying reaction from most of the study attendees, a humorous one from my wife's uncle, and a happy one from the man. He kept on shouting Ven paca' vieja nalgona! Mira, se le esta caendo la baba! La baba! Tranlastion: Come here big-bottomed woman! It's drooling for you! It's drooling!

He took his wife by the hand and took her to their bedroom and the festivities began. The conductor actually tried to keep the study going! Even as everyone could hear the goings on in the back of the house. What an idiot. My wife had never seen a grown man naked before so she was traumatized, her uncle was laughing his head off, and the guy's daughter was crying. Everyone sort of just left the conductor and reader sitting there.

No prayer was said.

The bookstudy was moved.

• jws
    jws

It's not really funny, but we had it at our house. I couldn't believe some people. We had a ranch (1 story) house with a basement. The bookstudy was in our basement and the only bathroom in the house was upstairs. You could hear people go up to the bathroom, hear the toilet flush, then you could hear them walking around into other areas of the house, like the bedrooms.

I thought this was a real invasion of privacy. Worse yet, my mother told us not to lock the doors to our rooms because that would show we didn't trust the brothers and sisters. Since you can't see whether a door is locked, the only way to know would have been if you tried to open it. If you did, then you obviously weren't trustworthy. I didn't see a problem with locking doors and did anyway.

I was so glad when we switched halls and didn't have it anymore.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Dear Tired,

Your story wins hands down. No other story could possibly match that one.

I will never forget it..................................... wow, just a stunner.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

We used to have the book study at our house too. In winter we had the open fire place roaring which was great in helping some of us get to sleep during the revelation book. The wood always used to crackle and pop, but one night there was a really loud bang as the wood combusted, the conductors wife screamed out shit! ( Am I allowed to type that? Sorry, if I couldn’t)

Another time, the brother who was giving the final prayer was struggling as English was not his native tongue, he got all flustered and finished off the prayer in his own language. By the time he said Amen, the conductor and everyone else was snotting themselves laughing. At least he had a good sense of humour about it!

Mattieu....

• wizardca
    wizardca

Along the same lines JWS with the whole non-insulated house so you could hear what anyone did in the bathroom. HATED it. I think Tired wins the prize, though.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Oh yeah, that reminds me. When I was a little girl, like 10, we had our Tuesday Night Bookstudy in a very small home with an unfinished basement. We had the bookstudy in the basement. The man that lived there was a plumber and he constructed some sort of makeshift bathroom down there for us to use. I'm not even sure it had real walls or a door. So, yes, everyone could hear everything you were doing in the bathroom.

Oh, the joys of being a JW.

• startingover
    startingover

I doubt anyone can top the first post. Drooling...gonna have a hard time forgetting that visual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit