Mormon shunning and such

by target 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• target
    target

This article is in today's Phoenix paper (Dec 15) Sure sounds like JW tactics.
    . http://www.arizonarepublic.com/news/articles/1215mormons15.html

Target

• detective
    detective

This is quite a story. One heard here many times over. I thought people might be interested in commenting so I took information from their website in case any are interested in contacting the AZ Republic paper. I will also put this on the UN thread as some people might feel inspired to share their thoughts with the paper. Info on how to contact them is below:

Press releases

If you’d like to send a press release, please fax it to The Arizona Republic newsroom at (602) 444-8044 or send it via U.S. Mail to: The Arizona Republic Newsroom, 200 E. Van Buren St., Mail Code NM19, Phoenix, AZ 85004.

News tips and story ideas

If you see news happening, or know of something that should be covered in The Arizona Republic, email us at [email protected] with as much detail as possible and your contact information. You may also call the newsroom at (602) 444-8235.

Letters to the Editor

The Arizona Republic welcomes letters to the editor of up to 200 words on any topic. They may be edited for clarity and length. Letters must include your name, address and a daytime phone number. If your letter is selected for publication, we will notify you.

Letters to the editor, opinion and editorial columns and articles submitted to The Arizona Republic may be published or distributed in print, electronic or other forms.

Send a letter to the editor using our convenient online form. Letters can be sent via U.S. Mail to: Letters to the Editor, The Arizona Republic, P.O. Box 2244, Phoenix, AZ 85002. Letters may also be faxed to (602) 444-8933.

To read a brief explanation of the policy that the Arizona Republic Editorial Board uses in selecting letters to the editor for publication, click here For more information, call (602) 444-8499.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I agree, it is eery to see how much alike this story could be to any of us leaving the JW's. The one statement made in there that really stood out was:

------------------------
    "We're imperfect people . . . (but) we want it to be said that we're the best neighbors in the world," Callister said.
    ------------------------

I can't count the times I have heard this from Witnesses when faced with things about their Organisation.

• Bang
    Bang

We live next to JWs. Of the approximately hundred different people that I have lived next to, they stand out as being different to all others- to say the worst would imply that other neighbours were a problem - but they are of a singularly disgusting disposition. They have unrepentantly upset my family, scoffing at the harm they cause - I suppose the 'soon to be burnt' folk don't matter. I know now that JWs are not christian. At the time I didn't care who their god was or what He was up to, burn us, whatever - none of us could ever accept the JW spirit - I'm sure we'd all rather be killed.

Hence, I proceeded to read about the religion and studied into what they believe - I mean, how could people like that say they were christian? What's going on? They attend and are supported by the local congregation, but as they barefaced lie, we are unable to have anything to do with them, their congregation or their church - we simply can't trust their intentions toward people, other than to be safe and assume the worst - in that way, we don't know who they are. I have no doubt their leaders and the doctrine they follow are as dark and wicked as the world can offer.

Should I be more vocal in criticizing them? Words have failed me. I wonder if that's what angers God - that there's no real words for it, and who wants to know that word anyway - hypocrisy falls short of a name - abomination and the like are only descriptive.

I'll try and calm down now - someone mentioned neighbours and JW together, that's all. On the upside, it seems that we have another mission in life.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit