MEMBER CONTACTS

by Scott77 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scott77
    Scott77

If one member of this site wish to contact a member directly without posting on this site, please what he or she can do? is there a mean to do it? Also I heard someone sending a PM and asking a member to check his or her PM. Please, what is does this means.?

• poppers
    poppers

Also I heard someone sending a PM and asking a member to check his or her PM. Please, what is does this means.?

You can ask someone in a PM if they want direct email contact rather than communicating through JWN. To send a private message (PM) to someone click on their name and then on the "Send Message" box near the top of the screen. To check to see if you have any PMs hit the "envelope" link that is next to your name in the top right hand corner of the screen. People will sometimes mention in a post that another has been sent a PM just in case they haven't been checking their PMs.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

A PM is a private message, which is how you would contact someone directly. To send a pm click on the poster's screen name. On the page that comes up in the bar at the top should be a button that says 'send message'. Click on that and type a message. To check and see if you have any private messages if you look at the top of this page in the upper right corner it should say, 'Welcome Scott77' followed by a mail icon. Click on the mail icon to see if you have any private messages.

A word of warning... the site is still in it's beginning stages after the cross-over and it is no longer indicated when you have a new pm... so a lot of people forget to check them. If you send a pm to someone and they don't answer that may be why. In that case a lot of people put a post on the board letting that person know they have a pm.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jackie

• Priest73
    Priest73

It is possible, but please be aware of the forum rules.

10. Any outside member communication MUST be in the form of strip-o-gram.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Priest73, you brat!!!

(and I burned up my last remaining post on this...!! Zid

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In my profile I have a link to my webpage. From there you can email me directly.

Some people have a link to their email address.

NOTE: posting your email address anywhere on the internet opens you up to hundreds of spam emails. The email address on my website is encoded so the spammers can't read it

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Lady Lee,

Please, send me a PM to see how it works out. Any blank PM will be fine. Iam still having difficulties doing this despite some advices from members. Hmmm, does it works with every internet blowser?

Thanks

Scott77

• poppers
    poppers

Scott, you should have a PM from me now.

• poppers
    poppers

Scott,

Just a word about accessing your PMs - you may find that you get an error message when you first try to read it. Don't despair; just hit "page back" and then click on the message again.

• Scott77
    Scott77

poppers,

Many thanks. Got it. I saw error messages at first. Then did exactly as you told me. It worked.

Thanks again.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit