Your Best Excuse(s) To Weasel Out Of Going Door To Door

by Yizuman 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

So what did you do to get out of this door to door from time to time as a dub?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

hunger was a good'n we'd start driving to the territory and the sandwich bar would beckon like a mirage

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I used to get real bad stomach-ache as a kid. It was real. It hurt. Strange thing was, soon after the meeting for FS time passed, my stomach-ache miraculously disappeared.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I sprained my ankle multiple times on purpose. I'm surprised nobody figured it out, it was that many times. (I can't say I advise this route, as I'm paying the price by always having an ankle that hurts at a relatively young age.)

I was also fortunate(?) enough to have SVT, a condidtion in which your heart beats hundreds of times a minute and makes you pass out. I pretended to have episodes of that way more than I actually had that happen. I was smart enough to make it to a few doors before having an "episode" so as not to look like I was trying to get out of FS.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm speaking Strictly In Fun here, but....

There are waaay too many members of the NRA in this territory!!

Pitbull breeding farm on this magazine route... and they're horny!

Roman Catholics and/or Satanists in this area!!

This street's full of apostates!! (Not that it keeps them from calling on me.... )

Zid

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Well at the moment my husband and I just say we are going on calls... then drive past our one english speaking call, who I think may have died or gone into a nursing home (she was like 95 and lived alone, but near her daughter)... then go "oh no look she's not home", and drive to the shops/his parents place/our place and continue our day as normal people.

Or else we go on non-english speaking calls with his mother, there's like 5 of them, guaranteed at least 3 are not home, one takes mags doesn't chat, the other just invites us in and likes to have a non-religious chat.

But the best one ever is to drive past the group, oh no look there's no one there... and then go home.

(When I was a kid there was no excuse that would work with my parents. Even an actual real migrane didn't stop them dragging my body out.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would often see them drive by a house, and keep my big mouth shut. I also sat in the car and let them do calls while I fogged up the windows. As a passenger, there was little I could do to fake out of field circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit